Skopje & Matka Canyon from Pristina
On this tour, we will discover the best sceneries of the Macedonian capital, Skopje. We will visit the most interesting sites of the city, including the famous Skopje 2014 monuments, the newly built baroque museums, and buildings, and the hammams, mosques, and hans in the Old Turkish Bazaar. Today, we will explore the city from both sides; we are going to visit the Old and the New Skopje, crossing through the Stone Bridge, i.e. the connection between these totally different parts of town.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or any other preferred location in Pristina
- All transfers with comfortable A/C car or minivan,
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide/driver.
What's excluded :
- Matka boat ride
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Matka Canyon
- Entry/Admission - Old Bazaar, Skopje
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Macedonian Struggle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matka Canyon, Street 1, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
We will visit the Matka Canyon, one of the most beautiful places in the environment. Here we can visit the church of “St. Andrew” and take a small boat ride to the Vrelo cave.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Skopje Fortress Kale, Old Town, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
The fortress is thought to have been built during the rule of emperor Justinian I. Researchers discovered woodwind instruments and clay ornaments dating as far back as 3000 B.C. The Skopje Kale (Fortress) is one of the city's landmarks.
Stop At: Old Bazaar, Skopje, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
We will explore the old part of Skopje with a possibility to have lunch or a coffee break, or simply wander the local streets and shops on your own.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alexander the Great monument, Unnamed Road, Skopie 1000, North Macedonia
The greatest monument of the warrior in the world
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Memorial House of Mother Teresa, Macedonia Str. No.9, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
The memorial house is made in her honor. Mother Teresa was born in Skopje in 1910 and is probably the most famous Skopje-born citizen.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museum of Macedonian Struggle, Str. Iljo Vojvoda No. BB, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
The exhibit covers the period from the beginning of the resistance movement against Ottoman rule until the declaration of independence from Yugoslavia on 8 September 1991. The Museum does not work on Mondays.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Pristina
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel or any other preferred location in Pristina, Kosovo
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operating in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Most travelers can participate
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.