Skopje city tour
Complete Skopje experience !
Would you like to visit the favorite weekend destination of Skopje citizens ?
This tour is combination of Skopje walking tour and visit to nearby mountain Vodno.
Morning walk in the city center and Skopje Old Bazaar with our experienced and professional tour guide.
At 11 o’clock you will be picked up by our driver to visit Vodno mountain,
part of nature just few kilometers from the city center
You will start with St. Panteleimon monastery and its unique fresco paintings from 12th century.
Later on visit to the Millennium cross on the top of the mountain with panoramic view of Skopje valley from the cable car. Back to Skopje in the afternoon
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation to Vodno mountain by car, minivan or van
- Experienced English speaking local tour guide (for parties 2-3 pax guide will be a driver as well)
- Visits to Kale fortress and Mother Teresa memorial house
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Panteleimon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Memorial House of Mother Teresa, Macedonia Str. No.9, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Visit inside the memorial house with explanation provided by the local guide.
The Mother Teresa Memorial House is dedicated to the humanitarian and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mother Teresa can be found in her hometown Skopje, where she lived from 1910 to 1928. Construction of the house began in May 2008. The project was financed by the Government of Macedonia and carried out by the Ministry of Culture. It is a modern, transformed version of Mother Teresa's birth house with a multifunctional but sacral character. Inside the house, part of her relics are preserved, which were transferred to Skopje with support of the Roman Catholic Church of Skopje. There is a museum which includes realistic sculptures of Mother Teresa and members of her family. One sculpture shows Mother Teresa as a ten-year-old child, sitting on a stone and holding a pigeon in her hands.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Bazaar, Skopje, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
Walk in the narrow streets of Skopje old bazaar.
The Old Bazaar is situated on the eastern bank of the Vardar River, stretching from the Stone Bridge to the Bit-Pazar.] As one of the oldest and largest marketplaces in the Balkans, it has been Skopje's center for trade and commerce since at least the 12th century.
Beside its importance as a market place, the Old Bazaar is known for its cultural and historical values. Although Ottoman architecture is predominant, remains of Byzantine architecture are evident as well, while recent reconstructions have led to the application of elements specific to modern architecture. The Old Bazaar is still home to several active mosques, two churches and a clocktower,
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Skopje Fortress Kale, Old Town, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
The Fortress Kale is located on the eponymous hill, in the very center of Skopje, on the left bank of the river Vardar and partly in the western part of the bazaar. According to the information so far, the area on which today's fortress is located was inhabited since the prehistoric times, i.e. sometime around IV to III millennium BC. The fortress was again inhabited sometime around the 7th to 6th century BC. This settlement was protected by walls and existed sometime until the IV or III century BC.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mountain of Vodno, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Visit to Vodno mountain near Skopje
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Church of St. Panteleimon, Nerezi village, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Visit the church with our guide and see the unique frescoes from 12th century. Valid only for Friday departures - Monday closed
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Memorial House Mother Teresa, Macedonia St bb, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.