Skopje Countryside Private Half-Day Tour with Mt. Vodno and Matka Canyon
You enjoy being in nature, you want to know and see more than the usual, you want an experience beyond what every tourist does in Skopje, then go for Skopje’s surrounding beauties and visit Millenium Cross and Canyon Matka !
During this half-day spent in nature you will feel as been somewhere far from the city but not a dozen kilometres away from it! Our experienced guide, with a cable-car system, will take you up to the Millennium Cross on the top of Mount Vodno, for a spectacular panoramic view on Skopje, the tour will also take you to the nearby village of Gorno Nerezi, at St. Pantelejmon church, to witness the frescoes that are among the highest achievements in existing Byzantine art, and last but not least – the canyon Matka, one of the most popular outdoors destinations in the surrounding of Skopje, authentic nature, presented by the many endemic species of plants, animals and butterflies.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel (or any location you choose in Skopje) pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Transport by comfortable private air-conditioned car or minivan
- Cable car ride to Millennium Cross
- Entry/Admission - Millennium Cross
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees, other than those mentioned in Inclusions
- Optional boat ride at Matka Canyon (approx. 7 euros), payable on the spot
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Panteleimon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mountain of Vodno, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Vodno is a mountain in Macedonia. It is located in the northern part of the country, to the southwest of the capital city Skopje. The highest point of the mountain is at Krstovar peak, on 1066 meters and the submontane is on 337 meters.
Stop At: Millennium Cross, Vodno Mountain, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
The Millennium Cross is a 66-metre tall cross situated on the top of Vodno Mountain in North Macedonia and is 15 kilometers outside the capital city Skopje. It is one of the tallest crosses in the world
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of St. Panteleimon, Nerezi village, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
At St. Pantelejmon church, to witness the frescoes that are among the highest achievements in existing Byzantine art
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Matka Canyon, Street 1, Skopje 1000 Republic of North Macedonia
Matka is a canyon located west of central Skopje, North Macedonia. Covering roughly 5,000 hectares, Matka is one of the most popular outdoor destinations in Macedonia and is home to several medieval monasteries. The Matka Lake within the Matka Canyon is the oldest artificial lake in the country.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Porta Macedonia aka Gate Macedonia, Boulevard 11th October Square Pela, Skopje Republic of North Macedonia
Porta Macedonia is a triumphal arch located on Pella Square in Skopje, North Macedonia. Construction started in 2011 and was completed in January 2012. The arch is 21 meters in height.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel or any location of your preference in Skopje
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.