Sólheimajökull Ice Climbing and Glacier Walk
Grab your hiking boots and get ready, because you’re going to hike and climb Sólheimajökull glacier in southern Iceland. This is a comprehensive glacier tour, where you’ll learn about these massive natural phenomena from your guide and be provided with all the necessary equipment to get some exercise in full comfort and safety. You will also learn the basics of ice climbing and climb the vertical crevasse walls of Sólheimajökull glacier. A maximum of 12 participants can book this tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Ice-climbing and glacier-walk on Sólheimajökull
- All the necessary glacier and safety gear
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The tour begins when you meet your guide in the Sólheimajökull parking lot and get all necessary equipment for the hike: crampons, ice axes, harnesses, helmets and climbing boots. Then you will hike for about 15 minutes to the ice itself to get the blood flowing and warm up for the climb.
• Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Departure Point :Tröll Expeditions Solheimajokull, Sólheimajökulsvegur, Vík, Iceland
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Operates in all good weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.