Sloths, Monkeys and Waterfall Experience
Sloths are the #1 animal on the “must see” list that people want to see when they come to Costa Rica. And this tour gives you your best chance to see them if you are staying in Guanacaste! After a short hike to Guanacaste’s most stunning waterfall, you will head north to look for sloths, and there is a pretty good chance you will see some of the beautiful dart frogs, toucans, scarlet macaws and other animals – all in the wild, nothing caged on this tour. Enjoy these great spots with your private, naturalist guide who will share useful tips and interesting facts revealing their love of Costa Rica and its rich history -- and they make it FUN!
• Best chance of any tour from Guanacaste to see sloths, toucans and frogs
• Cortez Waterfall Hike
• Hot, Tico-style Lunch with Natural Fruit Juice
• Private vehicle and naturalist guide accompany you and your party
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private vehicle and naturalist guide accompany you and your party
- Hike to Llanos de Cortez Waterfall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) : Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Flamingo and Playa Tamarindo area hotels. Contact us if staying at hotels outside these areas.
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Typical Lunch near Miravalles and Tenorio Volcanoes
What's excluded :
- Transportation from hotels outside the Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Conchal, Flamingo and Tamarindo. Contact us before booking if you are not sure your hotel is in one these towns.
- Tips for Guides or Drivers
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bill Beard's Costa Rica, 331 Calle 472, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna Bosque del Mar All Suite Beach Resort, Playa Hermosa Costa Rica
You will be picked up by a naturalist, English-speaking guide in a
private vehicle at your
Guanacaste Beach hotel* for a day of pure Costa Rican natural wonders. After an easy drive that takes you along the outskirts of Liberia, the capital city of Guanacaste, you will be greeted by rolling hills and wide-open spaces. You will enjoy a wonderful short hike that takes you to the pool where the wide, stunning Llanos de Cortez spills into a refreshingly large pool. You will definitely want to take photos at this gorgeous spot!
Stop along the way to relax, stretch and enjoy a delicious, typical “Tico” lunch, served hot with a refreshing fruit drink.
From here you will continue north on the Pan American highway and into the dense, lush hills that are home to sloths, monkeys. Blue Jean dart frogs and other colorful frogs like to hang out near the river banks, and you and your guide will have ample time to search for these natural wonders, because this unspoiled area is filled with wildlife, birds and plants. You will be glad to have the naturalist guide with you since the sloths, frogs, monkeys, toucans and other animals and birds are not in cages. We cannot “cue” the wildlife, so there is no guarantee that you will see all the animals, birds or reptiles listed.
Departure Point :Playa Panama, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are staying at a rental property we can schedule pick up at the nearest hotel location.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Naturalist guide reserves the right to revise logistics or provide alternate tour options when necessary
- No guarantee you will see all animals, birds or reptiles listed.
- Not recommended for person with disability that would preclude them from hiking up and down hills to waterfalls
- Not responsible for damage to personal items brought on tour. Bring personal items at your own risk.
- Not recommended for children aged 2 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Wear Comfortable Shoes for Moderate Hike
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face mask recommended when traveling in transportation vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.