Slovenia in One Day: Small-Group Day Trip to Lake Bled, Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle from Ljubljana
Discover three of Slovenia’s top attractions in one day on this scenic small-group day trip from Ljubljana. Marvel at beautiful Lake Bled and ride a traditional ‘pletna’ boat to Bled Island to explore and perhaps try scrumptious ‘potica’ nut cake. Then, explore Bled Castle perched above the lake before free time for lunch. Finally, visit cliffside Predjama Castle and ride a mini-train into Postojna Cave, the famous cave network of stalactites, stalagmites and eerie halls.
Visit the main tourist sights in one day and enjoy a magnificent day exploring some of the best Slovenian attractions. On our tour we treat you with a traditional pletna boat ride to Bled island and visit the only Slovenian island. On the island you can enter the Church of the Assumption and even ring the wishing bell, which has been ringing over Lake Bled since 1534. After the pletna boat ride you will explore a thousand years old Bled castle, which is also one of the most spectacular castles in Slovenia. You visit also the castle museum, which gives you an insight into the history of the entire area. Take a few minutes to admire the amazing views of Lake Bled from several viewpoints at the castle.
In the afternoon explore some underground attractions. Visit Postojna Cave, the best-known cave in the world and one of the largest Karst monuments. Start the adventure with a unique ride with a special train that will take you to discover galleries and magnificent halls full of interesting stalactites, stalagmites and the most famous cave animal human fish (proteus anguinus). A scenic road will take us to idyllic village of Predjama where we will explore one of the most interesting castles in Slovenia, The Predjama Castle. It is perched high up in a vertical cliff and it has been placed on lists of top 10 castles to see in the world. Erazem of Predjama (Erasmus) is the main protagonist of numerous legends – on the one hand these legends glorify him as a passionate, handsome and noble knight, while on the other he is described as a bandit and a robber baron who met his death on the toilet.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Central Ljubljana pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Admission options:
- Bled castle: 13 € per person
- Pletna boat ride: 15 € per person
- Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle combined ticket: 35 € per person or Postojna cave only: 25 € per person or Predjama castle only: 13 € per person
- Entry/Admission - Bled Island
- Entry/Admission - Bled Castle (Blejski Grad)
- Entry/Admission - Postojna Cave
- Entry/Admission - Predjama Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Bled, Gregorchicheva ulica 22, Bled 4260 Slovenia
A trip to Bled, the charming Alpine resort at the very edge of the Julian Alps, must be a part of any visit to Slovenia.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bled Island, Lake Bled, Bled Slovenia
Dive in the lake tradition and ride by pletna boat to the island. Following the boat ride, you get some time to explore the little island and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding area. Optionally, you can enter the Church of the Assumption and even ring the wishing bell, which has been ringing over Lake Bled since 1534.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bled Castle (Blejski Grad), Lake Bled, Bled 4260 Slovenia
Visit Bled castle, perched on a sheer cliff high above Lake Bled. Visit the Bled castle museum, which gives you an insight into the history of the entire area, and admire the views of Lake Bled from several viewpoints at the castle.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Postojna Cave, Jamska cesta 30, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
Postojna Cave is the best-known cave in the world. It is also the greatest tourist attraction in Slovenia and one of the world's largest Karst monuments.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Predjama Castle, Predjama 1, Postojna 6230 Slovenia
The Predjama Castle reigns over the surrounding area, perched high up in a vertical cliff, not far from the Postojna cave, in the idyllic village of Predjama. It is an interesting and romantic sight throughout the year: in the spring and summer its surroundings are abundant with blossoms and flowers, in the autumn it is clad in the colours of surrounding forests and it is at its most enchanting in the winter when the surrounding area is covered in snow.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Adora Hotel // pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Allegro Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is French revolution squareTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atelier hotel Vošnjakova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atticus B&B // Closest pickup place: STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10 Poljanska cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Celica hostel Metelkova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Galleria Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square (Levstikov trg)Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Grand Hotel Union // Pedestrian zone, pickup is in front of uHotel Tavčarjeva ulica 8a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Lesar Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square Gornji trg 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Meksiko Hotel Njegoševa cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Mrak Hotel Rimska cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Slon Best Western Premier Hotel // Limited access with vehicles, pickup place is uHotelMiklošičeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10Krekov trg 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Trg Francoske revolucije, at the obeliskTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Bled island, Bled castle, and Predjama castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and footwear are essential to visit the Postojna cave (temperature in the cave is 9°C / 48 Fahrenheit).
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are required during transfer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.