Slow Parma Food Experience Half Day Private Tour and Tasting
Looking for an authentic experience, far from the great tourist flows, to discover the soul and traditions of the Italian Food Valley? Come and discover the Emilia Romagna Region and its food excellences, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Prosciutto di Parma, at a slow pace, relying on the experience and professionalism of a local and experienced guide. You will be able to follow the whole production chain, from the feeding of milking cows, the milk collection and preservation, to the forming of the curd in the typical copper cauldrons. You will be able to watch the cheese master’s experienced hands during the breaking of the curd and his deft movements during the lifting of the cheese out of the cauldron. The visit will end with a pleasant tasting of different ageings of cheese. We will transfer to the hills of Parma to visit one of the plants where the inimitable Prosciutto is produced. The tour will end with a lunch of typical Parma delicacies and wine from the Parma Hills region.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Dairy Admission fee
- Parma Ham Plant Admission fee
- Tasting of 12, 24 and 36 months old Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Lunch: Traditional cured meat products such as Prosciutto di Parma, Coppa, Pancetta and Salame
- Traditional Fresh Homemade Pasta (2 types)
- A choice of Traditional Cakes
- 2 Glasses of exquisite DOC Parma Hills Wine
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Option 1 includes Transportation
What's excluded :
- Option 2 does not include Transportation
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Torrechiara
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, Via John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 18, 42124 Reggio Emilia RE, Italy
We will visit an authentic Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese dairy and the visit will be followed by tasting of 12 months, 24 months and 36 months old Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Visiting a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese dairy with us, you will be able to follow the whole production chain, from the feeding of milking cows, the milk collection and preservation, to the forming of the curd in the typical copper cauldrons. You will be able to watch the cheese master’s experienced hands during the breaking of the curd with the “spino” and his deft movements during the lifting of the cheese out of the cauldron. After that you will visit the resting, salting and ageing rooms of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese with their overwhelming aromas. The visit will end with a pleasant tasting, a real pleasure for the senses!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castello di Torrechiara, Strada del Castello, 43013 Torrechiara, Langhirano Italy
We will have a Photo stop at mediaeval village & Castle of Torrechiara.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Langhirano, Langhirano, Province of Parma, Emilia-Romagna
We will visit a plant where famous Prosciutto di Parma is produced.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Barbiano, Barbiano, Province of Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna
We will have lunch at a winery or family run restaurant with typical Parma delicacies and exquisite tastings of DOC Parma Hills wines.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Space Cinema, Largo Sergio Leone, 7/A, 43124 Parma PR, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up and drop-off is included in the "Price including transportation" option. When Travelers select the "Self-Drive Price" option, we'll see them at the Departure Point.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Available for gluten free with prior notice. Please advise when booking.
- Not available for vegans and vegetarians.
- Your health is our top priority and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Social Distancing - Guests will keep at all time the minimum safety distance in accordance with the instructions given in each place visited. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- Guides and suppliers receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.