Small-Group : Full Day Meknes and Volubilis Tour from Fez
Join Fes to Meknes Volubilis Day Trip and step back into Roman history, discovering the surviving ruins, magnificent buildings, and mysterious secrets of one of the most powerful empires in history.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation (air-conditioned vehicle)
- Pick up and drop off Hotel/Riad
- Professional English- French-speaking driver
What's excluded :
- local guide
- Personal items
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meknes, Meknes, Fes-Meknes
09.30 am Excursion starts by meeting you at your Hotel or Riad in Fes and start driving through the magnificent changing landscapes of the Moroccan countryside. Our first stop would The mesmerizing Chahed river, a beautiful landscape with captivating views. Then, we will move towards Volubilis, the ancient Roman Ruins that dates back to the 3rd century BC. We will wander through the captivating old castles and surviving palaces, to have a glimpse on the old Roman Empire, and admire the captivating architecture and majestic designs while taking some pictures of Arch of Caracalla, Basilica and Capitoline Temple.
Continue to Moulay Idriss Zerhoun, the sacred little village. Your driver will introduce you to the deep history of the beautiful town, the home of Idriss I, the first Moroccan Ruler and the one who brought Islam to Morocco. We will walk through the ancient windy streets and the beautiful old Moroccan architecture, as we visit the town's Grand Mosque, the first classical Mosque in Morocco.
Afterwards, continue our Day Trip to Meknes, the historical 17th century’s heritage, and the marvelous Ismailia capital. After a tempting Moroccan Tagine for lunch, we will have a tour in the old city to discover the huge walls of the old Medina to see the most breathtaking handicrafts and traditional small shops.
Next, we will discover the fascinating gate of Bab El Mansour, a magnificent Gateway well preserved with lavish, if faded, zellige ( Moroccan mosaic tilework). We would also enjoy a visit to Moulay Ismail’s shrine, to have an insight into his interesting life and everlasting achievements. We will guide you through the colorful refreshingly spacious Souks makes them a relaxing place to explore. We will also visit the fascinating historical sites, mausoleum and the Rouah, the royal stables holding for over 12,000 horses, together with Place el-Hedim, the central pedestrian square in the Medina and an entertaining little version of Jamaa El Fna Square in Marrakech. After an unforgettable tour in the walled capital;
Your driver will get you back to Fes passing by the most beautiful panoramic views, to finally drop you off in your Hotel/Riad in Fez.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we will contact the client to confirm pick up time and pick up location .
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.