Small-Group 6-hour Bohemian Beer Garden Tour in Prague
Take a beer garden tour that will take you away from the crowded city center into Prague’s hidden magic gardens you otherwise wouldn’t find on your own. Discover places where you can hang out with locals and get a first-hand feel of what life in Prague has to offer. Included on this 6-hour guided tour is a 150 gram bacon cheeseburger made with organic beef, 6 beers, shots, and an alternative map of Prague. On this tour you travel by tram with your small group to five fantastic beer gardens around Prague.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- 6 large crafted beers/ciders/wines (whichever you choose)
- Lunch (organic bacon cheeseburger)
- Taxi ride to one of the bars
- 1 shot of local white Absinthe
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Letna Beer Garden
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- After meeting your guide at 2pm at a centrally located departure point, prior to the tour starting, you will visit the award-winning Burger Letná for an organic bacon cheeseburger washed down by locally brewed beer (vegetarian option is also available).
You then move on to the Letná beer garden built on a plateau above the Vltava River with a panoramic view of Prague's city center. Here, enjoying the sun and a pint, you will hear fascinating stories of torture, suicide, prison, secret police, nuclear bunkers, and the birth of Radio Stalin. Afterwards, continue with a 2-minute walk to your next destination, a non-profit rustic pub with a community garden and old school clubhouse where you taste your third - completely different - type of beer.
Leaving the Letna area, on the approximately 15 minute walk, your guide shows you the site where the former largest stone monument of Joseph Stalin used to stand. You also pass the Gate to nowhere- the place where the famous Czech pirate radio- today's Radio 1 was born. As you arrive at the next stop, you will enjoy your beer in a historical, active railway station, rich with anti-communist rhetoric from the dark ages of Communism. Here, anarchists and anti-communists would socialize and perform live concerts hiding anti-communist rhetoric in the songs they sang. To this day punk bands still perform there and trains still pull up to the platform beside your table. You spend approximately 50 minutes here.
After another 10-minute walk, you visit a hidden little gem- a multi cultural art center bar/beer garden run by students from the faculty of humanities where profit is not foremost. Stay approximately 50 minutes enjoying ice cold beer and fantastic local atmosphere after which a fleet of taxis takes you to a uniquely-designed and decorated steampunk club. An essential component of this place is the presentation of alternative culture created with over 2000 parts of trash metal and waste material with a labyrinth of rooms stretching over 3 floors with a beer garden like no other in the world. Spend another hour here after which your guide personally brings all the participants by tram back to the meeting point. In the case that all guests stay at the same place, you will be returned back to your accommodation. Approximate ending time of the tour is at 8:30pm.
If anyone would like to go to the nightclub for the rest of the evening, free entrance tickets are provided so you can enjoy different concerts there until 5 am.
Departure Point :Centrally located meeting point
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Tour ends in Holesovice area- Prague 7 close to red metro stop: Nadrazi Holesovice.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.