Small-Group Afternoon Seoul Tour
This afternoon tour is a excellent way to introduce yourself to Korea and Korean history. The first stop is at Changdeok Palace. This 16th century structure is a well preserved national treasure. The palace grounds are comprised of a public palace area, the royal family residence building and the rear garden. Known as a place of rest for the kings, the rear garden boasts a gigantic tree that is over 300 years old, a small pond and a pavilion. Just down the street is Insadong, a district where there is a massive antique market where old but precious and traditional goods are on display and for sale.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Changdeokgung Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Guide tip
- You and the group will be met and greeted by your guide at your hotel and transported to Changdeokgung Palace. This palace was the second royal residence built following the construction of Gyeongbukgung Palace in 1405. It was the principal palace for many of the Joseon kings and is the best preserved of the five remaining royal Joseon palaces. The palace grounds are comprised of a public palace area, a royal family residence building, and the rear garden. Known as a place of rest for the kings, the rear garden boasts a gigantic tree that is over 300 years old, a small pond, and a pavilion. Depending upon interest, the tour may spend as long as 90 minutes on the palace grounds.
After touring the palace, guests will be transported to Insadong, located in the heart of the city. Insa-dong is an important place where old, traditional and rarer goods are on display as well as modern creations. There is one main road in Insa-dong with alleys on each side. Down alleys are art galleries, traditional restaurants, traditional tea houses and cafes. The galleries are the heartbeat of Insa-dong. There are near 100 galleries in the neighborhood and you can see many examples of traditional Korean fine art from paintings to sculptures. The most famous galleries are Hakgojae Gallery, which functions as the center of folk art, Gana Art Gallery, which promotes many promising artists, and Gana Art Center.
Guests will be transported to a local shopping center after they tour Insa-dong.
You will be dropped-off at the City Hall.
Departure Point :From your hotel in following areas - Jongro, Myeongdong and Dongdaemun
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Drop-off at the City Hall (near downtwon Myeongdong)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.