Small group Auttiköngäs Waterfalls Trail Hike
Take a hike to Auttiköngäs waterfalls and enjoy a day in Finnish nature. This short and sweet hike is a perfect choice for families.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English speaking guide
- A guided 3.5km trail hike
- Snacks and hot beverages by an open fire
- Transportation during your journey
- Guided hiking 3.5 km trail
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Auttiköngäs are gorgeous cascade waterfalls located just one-hour drive from Rovaniemi. They are settled in a protected old forest, surrounded by lush Finish vegetation. We will start our tour with hotel pick-up. As we specialize in small-group tours only, you can expect a customized experience. On our one-hour drive along the Kemijoki River, we will pass the Vanttauskoski hydroelectric plant and stop to take photos of lovely landscapes. After a one hour drive and many great photo stops, we will park and get ready for our hike.
The 3.5km hike is moderately easy. There are stairs with paw-friendly boards, so you can bring your dogs too. The circle trail takes you along the waterfalls, through the lush forest, and on top of the hill. After 2km we will stop for snacks by an open fire before we continue to enjoy the serene beauty of Finish landscapes. You will see both sides of the River Auttijoki and enjoy the view from the Könkäänvaara Hill lookout point - the highest peak in the area.
There is a cafe near the parking lot where you can see a small exhibition about log floating. Your English speaking guide will tell you more about it. If you like hiking and want to experience the raw beauty of Finnish forests this tour is a perfect choice for you.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.