Small-Group Castel Sant Angelo and St Peter Square Tour from Rome
Explore two historic sites in Vatican City on this 3-hour walking tour of Castel Sant’Angelo and St. Peter’s Square. Learn the history of an ancient fortress originally commissioned by Emperor Hadrian as a mausoleum. Marvel at Bernini’s colonnades in Vatican City's main square with your small-group of no more than 13.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (18EUR/person over 18 years, 11EUR/person with student ID, 3EUR/person under 18)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ponte Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
After meeting your guide on Ponte Sant'Angelo, learn more about this historic bridge. It was once known as the 'Aelian Bridge' or 'Pons Aelius.'Built in 134 AD by Emperor Hadrian, the bridge spans the River Tiber from the city center to his mausoleum, Castel Sant'Angelo. Admire sculptures of angels by Bernini, Raggi and Morelli, before skipping the lines to see Hadrian’s tomb.
Stop At: Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
Feast your eyes on the frescoes, Papal apartments, and magnificent corridors of the castle. Immerse yourself in the lives of former prisoners as you learn about the castle’s time as a prison.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Passetto di Borgo, 00193 Rome Italy
Follow in the footsteps of former Popes as you walk the Passetto di Borgo. Learn how they would escape death threats from their opponents using this secret tunnel. The guide will explain the dark connections between the castle and Vatican State.
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Upon your arrival in St. Peter's Square, admire Bernini’s massive colonnade. Look at the façade of St. Peter’s Basilica, and learn about the architects behind its astonishing construction, including Michelangelo, Bernini and Borromini. See the lovely fountains and red granite obelisk, originally erected at Heliopolis and moved to the Vatican in 1586.
The tour ends in St. Peter's Square.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :St. Angelo Bridge, Ponte Sant'Angelo, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 13 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All health and safety measurements place by the Italian Government have been placed on our tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.