Small Group Cenotes Adventure and Family Lunch Tour
Head deep beneath the earth on this cenote adventure that takes you to the Yucatán’s mysterious underground world. Escape from the heat of the Yucatán Peninsula by swimming in the clear, fresh water in just a few of the 6,000 cenote formations in the region, and learn about the legends that haunt these watering holes along with their history and importance for the Mayan Culture (especially in this area of the Yucatan). Get a taste for local culture with a visit to a traditional Maya medicinal shop, and explore a Mayan town where ancient practices have been passed down over generations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Public transportation
- Moto taxi ride
- Snorkeling equipment
- Entrance fees to 3 different cenotes
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Your Mérida tour takes you out of the city centre (via local public transit) and to a nearby Maya village. You’ll meet with locals and see some of the region’s most precious natural treasures.
First up, hop on a 4-person motorbike and take off into the jungle, toward the first of 3 different cenotes (underground caves) only accessible on two wheels. You’ll learn about the geology of these gorgeous subterranean worlds, and hear the stories and mysteries.
You’ll escape the heat and swim in the fresh waters of these eerie caverns, where a world of mystery awaits just beneath the surface. Next, your guide will lead you through the village to give you a taste of local life with a family who are going to prepare the lunch for you.
You’ll visit a traditional “drugstore,” where ancient Maya medicinal remedies are prepared. All of the medicines are derived from natural plants, and prepared with knowledge that has been preserved and passed down by families living in this corner of the Yucatán. From here, you’ll begin your journey back to Mérida — but, if you’re feeling adventurous, you’re free to stay longer on your own and make your own way back to Mérida.
• Merida Urban Adventures, Merida 97210 Mexico
Departure Point :Parque de la Mejorada, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
- Please bring a swim suit and towels
- Bring an umbrella during rainy season (May-September)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Leave your valuables such as passports and credit cards in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash for snacks, drinks, and souvenirs. Keep large cameras discreetly stored in a backpack.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.