Small-Group Chicago Food Tour: Gold Coast and Old Town
Discover Chicago's culinary side on this three-hour walking tour to taste the delicious flavors of the Gold Coast and Old Town. Along the way, your guide will show you the history and architecture in these culture-rich neighborhoods, just north of the downtown area. After stops at seven quintessential Chicago restaurants in these two neighborhoods, you'll feel like a real Chicagoan! The tour operates with a maximum of 18 people, ensuring you’ll receive personal attention from your expert guide. Tastings at 7 different locations is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tastings at 6 different locations
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking is located at 12 E. Cedar St 1 block away, around the corner from Lou Malnati's. Pricing: Mon - Sat, in by 10am and out by 7pm, $14. After 10am or Sundays, 3-12 hours parking; $23. 12-24 hour is $26. Cash only.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chicago Food Planet, Chicago, IL
Savor the flavors of Chicago's Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods on this three-hour walking food tour. Between tastings at seven different locations, your guide will have you feeling like a local as you walk down the tree-lined streets and learn about the history, culture and architecture of the "Windy City." Your walk takes you to locations that include a Japanese restaurant, Polish bakery, and more!
Sample tasting locations:
• Lou Malanati's: Classic Chicago Deep Dish
• The Spice House: Hand-prepared spices and seasonings
• Old Town Oil: Aged balsamic vinegars and 100% extra virgin olive oils
• Tea Gschwendner: Leading specialty tea merchant
• The Fudge Pot: Chicago's oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop
• Old Jerusalem: Middle Eastern dining
If you have food allergies, please specify at the time of checkout in the 'special requirements' field. Thank you
Departure Point :1120 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Moderate amount of walking is involved
- There are enough food tastings, that for most people, lunch afterwards is not needed
- In the special requirements field at check out please say if you are a vegetarian, have any food allergies and are under 21
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.