Small-Group Express Tour of Roman Catacombs with Transfer
Explore one of the top 10 highlights of Rome's sights with an expert guide. Descend in the dark maze of the Catacombs and discover a remote world 16 meters underground. Zip outside the city center with private transport and be downtown again in just 90 minutes.
Enjoy a thorough and worry-free guided tour of the Roman Catacombs with a small group of a maximum of 8 participants. Explore the accessible part of its endless labyrinth of underground burial chambers laid out on 4 levels.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Sterilised headsets to hear your guide clearly
- One mask per person if required
- Use of sanitizing gel during the tour
- Full on-site assistance
- All entrance and transport fees
- Luggage deposit in our office for the duration of the tour
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe di Santa Domitilla
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your guide at our office in the city center 15 meters from St Clement's Basilica. Here you can have access to free WiFi, leave your luggage (for the duration of the tour) and use the toilet.
Then you will board on a comfortable minivan and head towards the Appian Way to reach one of the largest and most ancient Catacombs of Rome.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Catacombe di Santa Domitilla, Via delle Sette Chiese 282, 00147 Rome Italy
Once in the park of the Catacombs, venture 16 meters below the surface into the otherworldly crypts of Domitilla. Explore the accessible part of its endless labyrinth of underground burial chambers laid out on 4 levels.
Be captivated by ancient wall-paintings of mythological and biblical figures and discover the religious symbolism of the frescoes. Revive the shift of faith from paganism to Christianity and feel the power of prohibited belief while learning about early martyrs and persecutions.
Live the excitement of gradually exploring different layers of history and complete your underworld experience in the 4th-century subterranean Basilica of Nereus and Achilleus.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Via Appia Antica, Via Appia, Rome Italy
Jump again on the minivan and be back in the city center in the blink of an eye.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Touriks, Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano, 132, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers with claustrophobia
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.