Small-Group Food and History Walking Tour of Vilnius
Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, is one of the least visited great cities of Europe. While the masses are cramming the streets of Prague and Paris, Vilnius is waiting to be explored. This guided 3-hour tour is a nice combo of food and history, revealing the best of the Old Town and some delicious local cuisine and drinks. Visit specialty delis to sample smoked meats and fish and locally made cheese. Step into ancient Gothic and Baroque churches and get an insider’s view of the city’s history and culture from your guide. This small-group tour is limited to 12 participants to ensure a quality experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tastings in five cafes/shops/bars
- Five local drinks (beer, mead, wine and kvass)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The Old Town of Vilnius, a UNESCO-protected site, is crammed with cobblestone streets and Gothic and Baroque churches, plus imposing palaces and even a castle. Meet your guide in Old Town and start strolling the narrow, winding streets, learning about the history and culture of Vilnius, as well as how the Soviet era created scars that are still visible in the streets of the city.
Vilnius’ Old Town is one of the largest preserved medieval quarters in all of Europe. Learn from your guide how so much of the town remains preserved. And while you’re at it, try some of the very edible fruits of Lithuania’s culinary culture: cured meats and fish, cheese, and bread. The tour includes stops at five cafés, shops or bars.
Lithuanian cuisine, influenced by the food of Poland and Germany, is rib-stickingly hearty. Indulge in bigos, a long-simmering hunters stew bobbing with sausages and seasonal veggies. Or sample the cold, bright-pink borscht soup. Wash it down with a locally produced beer or wine or even mead, honey wine. Try gira, Lithuanian kvass, which is made from black bread. Sip some acorn coffee, a caffeine-free drink that has been popular in Lithuania since the Middle Ages.
The tour concludes in Old Town, leaving you free to continue to explore this part of town. Go ahead and walk off the feast you’ve just devoured.
Departure Point :Cathedral Clock Tower, Katedros varpinė, Vilnius 01143, Lithuania
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Užupis, Vilnius, Lithuania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On your tour you will visit small shops and restaurants run by families who buy fresh products from small local producers in the area. Going to the market or having items delivered daily, they serve dishes made with only the freshest local ingredients.
- By running this tour and bringing travellers like you to local, family-run cafes and restaurants, we do our part to help small businesses stay in Vilnius' Old Town where rental prices are very high.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.