Small-Group Guided Kayak Tour of Vienna
We've developed the only guided paddling route in Vienna, one that uses just the cleanest, calmest and safest side arms of the great Danube river as it flows through the city in its many different forms. Along the way, take in some of Vienna's most important contemporary architecture and experience the undiscovered recreational heart of the city! This is the ultimate summer tour, so come see a different side of this city with us at Venture Vienna. We also limit all of our tours to just 8 people. That means your experience with us is more intimate, enriching and personal alongside your fellow travellers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of kayak, PFD/lifevest, and dry storage equipment for clothes & phone
- Certified open-water lifesaver & native english speaking guide with live commentary
- Sightseeing at various lakeside spots around the Old Danube
- Engaging & intelligent guide with loads of insider tips on things to do in Vienna
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alte Donau, Vienna 1220 Austria
The Old Danube:
We'll be investigating arguably the most quaint part of Vienna, the Alte Donau; a lakeside village which was cut off from the main Danube channel in 1870. This is where nocturnal beavers now roam in an old side arm of the grand river. We'll see how Vienna maintains its long-established reputation as a centre for diplomacy, politics and international relations as we paddle past the United Nations, along with several of the city's other most important contemporary architecture set among Vienna's emerging skyline. This is later contrasted with cute lakeside huts which adorn the water's edge to give vibrant bursts of colour to the lakeshore. We'll most likely be sharing the water with local rowers, the odd fisherman, and plenty of swans and ducks along the way! If it's hot, we can also take a break for a swim in the clean lake waters. You'll get loads of tips from us for your stay in the city while making new international friends, getting some sunshine, and being active in the great outdoors!
Once the tour ends, if you wanted to keep investigating 'new' Vienna for a bit longer, you could grab lunch or a cocktail at Vienna's nearby 'Copa Beach', swim and hang out on the Danube Island, visit Austria's tallest building - the Danube Tower, or explore the charming Danube Park, all of which are within walking distance from where we'll finish.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Kaisermühlen, 1220 Vienna, Austria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All participants must be able to swim.
- To wear: swim gear/quick drying sportswear, t-shirt, hat, spare dry layers & rain jacket (for windier conditions & light rain), flip flops/water shoes (for getting in and out of kayak)
- To bring: drinking water, sun cream, towel, cash.
- You will inevitably get a bit wet so pay attention to the weather forecast on the day of your excursion and dress accordingly!
- Please go to the Venture Vienna website to read our FAQ and to learn more
- Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.