Small-group Guided Pizza Experience with Pizza Class in Rome
Discover Italy through pizza by joining a small-group guided pizza experience in Rome! When people think about Italy, one of the first things that come to their mind is pizza! Learn how pizza is made different throughout Italy, and there is not one particular right or wrong way of making it in an approximately 3-hour pizza tour and 'make your own' pizza class. Taste different types of pizza and find out what kind of pizza you like the most. Finally, with the knowledge that you learn from the pizza-making class, you will recreate these at home!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Food tasting
- All activities
- Bottled water
- Foodie expert on Italian cuisine
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
First, your expert foodie will guide you on a nice stroll through different neighborhoods of Rome like Campo de Fiori, Trastevere, Piazza Navona to visit a mix of culturally significant and neighborhood pizzerias which vary in taste and style to ensure you will have the ultimate pizza experience.
Stop At: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
Besides learning about the histories and legends behind pizza, you will try different kinds of Roman pizza, Neapolitan pizza, thick crust, thin crust, "pizza bianca" (literal translation is the white pizza). This is the kind of pizza that has no topping, no cheese, no filling .. yet taste so amazing because you are going to take you to the best place in Rome to try this kind of pizza!
Stop At: Piazza di Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Rome Italy
The ultimate pizza tour cannot be complete without learning the secrets of what making pizza in Italy tastes so good. During this tour, you will also have a hands-on making pizza, under a guidance of an Italian "pizzaiolo". Along with the guide, discover the ingredients used, the technicality of what makes the pizza taste so special.
Stop At: Savor Italy Tours, 00159 Rome Italy
Particularly, the "pizzaiolo" will explain how the dough is made (the dough needs to rest for at least 24-48 hours if it is made correctly ), so you are going to work with a different dough and learn how to make your own pizza the traditional way ( without the rolling pin ) on a marble countertop ( there are only a few pizzerias in Rome with this ).
Then, see how your pizza is cooked in a traditional wood-fired oven, and enjoy your creation with new friends that you have to meet on the tour!
Departure Point :Piazza Navona, 14, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please let us know at the time of booking any dietary restrictions so we can try to organize it in advance. If you have any dietary restrictions, and we were not informed until the date of the tour, it would be very difficult to accommodate the dietary restrictions
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.