Small Group Historical New Orleans Neighborhood Tours
Exploring Historic New Orleans Neighborhoods is the best way to understand and experience the city’s unique history and culturally rich heritage. A walk down the streets of New Orleans earliest neighborhoods with their distinct and amazing architecture, historical landmarks, colorful characters and fascinating stories offer you a glimpse into what makes New Orleans Unlike Any Other City.
Each of New Orleans earliest neighborhoods, The Vieux Carre (1718), The Treme (1794) and The Garden District (1832) represent the influential cultures of those who founded, built and resided there, contributing to New Orleans development as America’s Most Interesting City.
Come take a walk with us through New Orleans’ Historic Neighborhoods. Historically Accurate, Entertaining and Memorable, that’s New Orleans with The Savvy Native.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
New Orleans most famous neighborhood, The Vieux Carre, or “Old Square”, is also known as The French Quarter. The Vieux Carre is the country’s oldest historic district, the original site of the founding of New Orleans. Forever influenced by its French, Spanish and Caribbean heritage, The Vieux Carre is famous for its architecture, ironwork, food, music, its colors and characters.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Treme, New Orleans, LA
America’s oldest African American neighborhood was settled by Free People of Color and is known as the Cradle of the Southern Civil Rights movement. The Treme is home to the Mardi Gras Indians, St. Augustine Church, the oldest Black Catholic Parish in the United States, Louis Armstrong Park and Congo Square. The neighborhood’s architectural landscape is resplendent in Creole Cottages and colorful Shotguns. Soulful and Authentic, its streets gave birth to Jazz, a music that would change the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
The Garden District survives as a showcase of magnificent houses and gardens. Hear the stories of the cotton brokers and commission merchants who made their home in The Garden District. One Of The Most Unique Neighborhoods In All America, The Garden District became a fashionable enclave of New Orleans’s most successful American citizens, and moving “Uptown” to the prestigious Garden District was considered the culmination of one’s achievements.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: 2020 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
2: Treme Coffeehouse, 1501 St Philip St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
3: 751 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :1: Garden District, New Orleans, LA, USA
2: Tremé / Lafitte, New Orleans, LA, USA
3: Vieux Carre, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- To minimize risk in the world of Covid-19 and provide the safest and best possible tour experience, The Savvy Native has moved from individual tour bookings to Private Small Group Tours. Our tours are now available only to “familiar groups” of 1-4 guests or 5-8 guests. No mixed bookings. To keep our guides working we have priced our tours at cost. We greatly appreciate your patronage during this “new normal” and look forward to our time together. The same great guides! The same great tours!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.