Small-Group Jokulsarlon Day Trip from Reykjavik
This 14-hour guided excursion allows you to spend a magnificent day devoted to the wonders of Iceland‘s south shore, including the awe-inspiring glacial lagoon of Jokulsarlon, Skaftafell National Park, and the Skogarfoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls. This is a small-group tour with minimum 2-4 passengers, and no more than 6 passengers per vehicle.
per adult from
11 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Glacier Lagoon
- Entry/Admission - Skaftafell National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Be collected in the morning from your Reykjavik accommodations and travel by luxury SUV following the picturesque southern coastline. Pass by the villages of Selfoss, Vik, and Kirkjubaejarklaustur, as well as the Skogafoss, a mighty and much-photographed waterfall. Continue on through the vast desert of Skeidararsandur, an area which can be prone to sand storms.
Many of Iceland‘s biggest glacial rivers run into the Atlantic Ocean off the south shore each year carrying millions of tons of black volcanic sand, constantly altering the shape of the coastline and creating vast black deserts. Just before reaching the lagoon, drive pass the Oraefajokull glacier, home to Iceland‘s highest peak, Hvannadalshnjukur, at 2,119 meters.
Jokulsarlon is a stunning glacial lagoon that is constantly changing as the massive glacier tongue retreats. Icebergs of all shapes, sizes, and in many hues of blue, turquoise and white, break off from the glacier and float around the lagoon. You will have time to walk the shores to admire the surreal shapes and take time to photograph the lagoon‘s wonderful, mirror-like reflections. For an even closer view, you can go on a cruise aboard an amphibious vessel and sail amongst the oddly-shaped ice formations (optional, at own expense). Jokulsarlon is a natural wonder that has to be seen to be believed.
You will be returned to your Reykjavík hotel around 8pm. This may be one of the longest day tours from Reykjavik, but it is also one of the most highly recommended.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.