Small Group Kayak Tour of the Shell Key Preserve
Join Coastal Kayak Charters for a small group guided kayak tour of the Shell Key Preserve. We are St Pete's top rated kayak tour company and focus exclusively on small groups (6-8 guests) and private tours. Our trips offer more personalized service and better wildlife viewing opportunities while out on the water. We will explore hidden mangrove tunnels (tides permitting), shallow seagrass meadows, and stop on Shell Island for time to swim, look for shells, or just relax and enjoy the beach. Our tours are designed for beginners and experienced kayakers alike. Come explore with local professionals who love what they do and see the difference for yourself.
per adult from
What's included :
- Instruction and Guide, Kayaks and Paddles, Life Jackets (PFD's), and Waterproof Bags for personal items.
- **Weight Limit** 240lbs per seat | 450lbs combined for double kayaks.
- *Ages 3+ | 5-12 must be in a double kayak with an adult.
- *Please arrive to launch site 15min early, there are no public facilities available at site.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shell Key, Florida, USA
The Shell Key Preserve is an 1800 acre nature preserve at the mouth of Tampa Bay. It protects sensitive marine habitats and includes the county's largest undeveloped barrier island. Its' beaches provide important nesting grounds for sea turtles and it is designated as one of Florida's most important nesting and wintering areas for shorebirds.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :2800 Pinellas Bayway S, Tierra Verde, FL 33715, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.