Small Group Naples City Sightseeing Tour
Get to know one of Italy’s oldest and most beautiful cities on this 2-hour Naples sightseeing tour, perfect for first-time visitors. Traveling by minivan and foot, head into Naples’ UNESCO-listed center to see top attractions such as Naples Cathedral, the Chapel of the Treasure of San Gennaro and Castel Nuovo. Learn about Naples’ history and colorful culture from your expert driver and guide, and finish by soaking up panoramic views of the city and Mt Vesuvius from Posillipo hill. With a maximum of seven people, this small-group tour ensures a personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Professional driver and guide
- Transport by shared air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Napoli, Via Duomo 149, 80138, Naples Italy
Start your tour with a pickup from your centrally located Naples hotel or, alternatively, from Naples train station. Then, set off in your comfortable, air-conditioned minivan with your expert guide for your small-group tour of the highlights of this vibrant city — the third largest in Italy.
As you travel, hear how Naples is one of Europe’s oldest cities, with roots stretching back to the 4th century BC, and how its historical center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its handsome plazas, palaces and castles.
Visit Naples Cathedral (Duomo di San Gennaro) the 13th-century church dedicated to the city’s patron saint Gennaro and see inside its fresco-coated Chapel of the Treasure of San Gennaro. As you admire the mural, hear all about the vials of Gennaro’s blood kept in the chapel, and how they’re brought out three days a year, usually liquefying in what’s seen as a good omen.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Castel Nuovo - Maschio Angioino, Via Vittorio Emanuele III, 80133, Naples Italy
Peep inside the nearby Basilica Santa Restituta, the original 6th-century church that stood on the cathedral site and then continue by minivan along the city center to the Piazza Municipio to see the Castel Nuovo, known locally as Maschio Angioino. Take photos at the stone battlements and crenellated turrets of this striking medieval castle and hear how, after being constructed by the kings of Anjou in the 1200s, the castle was rebuilt by the Aragonese in the 1600s before becoming home to Naples’ royals in the 18th century.
Stop At: Posillipo, Naples Italy
Drive up Posillipo hill, a famous viewpoint west of Naples. Absorb the sweeping views down over the city with Mt Vesuvius in the distance.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo Reale, Piazza del Plebiscito 1, 80132, Naples Italy
Lastly drive back to Piazza del Plebiscito, the large public square named after the plebiscite that saw Naples become part of a unified Italy in 1863. Admire the outsides of the royal palace of Naples, the Basilica of St. Francesco di Paola and San Carlo theatre. Ends your tour with a drop-off in central Naples.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Teatro di San Carlo, Via San Carlo 98 / F, 80132, Naples Italy
Guide in the last part of the tour will show you and give some details about the royal theatre and Umberto I gallery.
Departure Point :1: Terminus, P.za Giuseppe Garibaldi, 91, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
2: Porto di Napoli, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Please insert your accommodation address in Naples (hotel, b&b, airbnb) in the "Special Requirements" section when booking, then call the local supplier the evening before your tour after 7PM to know your pick up time and if your pick up will be at your accommodation, nearby, or at our starting point.Ports
- Naples port, at the cruise dock.
Return Detail :Piazza Trieste e Trento, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- small groups
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.