Small Group Parma Ham Farm tour
Get your tour and visit a farm in Parma to see how Parma Ham is made. Explore the secrets behind Prosciutto di Parma and learn how it goes through each phase to make this Italian well-known product.
The tour starts with the pick up at the meeting point. Our driver will bring you to a farm in the Parma region. It is where porks are raised and the famous Prosciutto di Parma is made by the Italian ham masters. In this farm, you will be introduced to the process of ham making and the story that holds behind.
The process starts with the selection of pork legs, then comes salting. Salting is a very delicate process that must be done only by professionals. After salting, the hams rest for 2 or 3 months. You will also hear about the other phases of ham making: washing, drying, greasing, curing and the final step, branding. In the and enjoy parma ham with a glass of Malvasia dei Colli wine.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick-up and drop off in Parma
- Professional Driving Guide
- Visit to Parma Ham Farm
- Prosciutto di Parma and wine tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parma, Parma, Province of Parma, Emilia-Romagna
Visit a Parma Ham farm to learn the secrets of one of the most famous cured meats in Italy.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Exact departure time will be reconfirmed once booking is done. Please provide exact Accommodation address at the time of booking.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.