Small Group Redwoods and Wine Country Trip Including Wine Tasting and Cave Tour
Our tour begins at Muir Woods, an old-growth Redwood forest that contains some of the tallest trees on the planet. These 800-year old beauties soar nearly 300 feet over the valley floor. We will spend over an hour walking down paths that have been growing for centuries.
We begin our tastings at a small Sonoma-style boutique winery that is typical of the area.
This is followed by a visit to historic Sonoma Square. You will have time to explore some of the tasting rooms on your own. Or for history buffs, you can tour the historic Mission San Francisco Solano or explore Army Barracks from or a preserved hotel from 1848. For a food experience, there are small shops around the Square that have olive oil, cheese and chocolate tasting. During your free time, there are several choices for lunch.
Then we go to a large winery for a tasting and a private tour of the caves where will learn about winemaking.
ENTRANCE TO MUIR WOODS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE, as are the tasting fees.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission fee to Muir Woods National Monument ($15 per person)
- Wine tasting fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Homewood Winery
- Entry/Admission - Nicholson Ranch
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop-off from residential addresses
- Entry/Admission - Sonoma Plaza
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Our tour begins at Muir Woods, an old-growth Redwood forest that contains some of the tallest trees on the planet. These 1500-year old beauties soar nearly 300 feet over the valley floor. We will spend over an hour walking down paths that have been growing for centuries.
The day continues at wineries in Sonoma County. We go to a small boutique winery where we will have a picnic lunch. Then we move onto a grand tasting room and have a private tour of the caves and learn about winemaking.
ENTRANCE TO MUIR WOODS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE, as are the Tasting fees and lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Homewood Winery, 23120 Burndale Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9722
Wine tasting of wines that are available only in the area.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, CA
Lunch. The area several places to eat around the square at different price points
Optional visits to other Tasting Rooms. Cheese, Olive Oil and Chocolate tasting around the Square
This activity may not be available during COVID
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nicholson Ranch, 4200 Napa Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-2800
Wine tasting and Private Tour of Cave Room.
Explore the beautiful estate,
Tasting fees are included.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
We stop at the bridge on the way back to San Francisco
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :San Francisco, CA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from hotels in Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square, Civic Center and Financial District.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that car seats are required for children 8 years and below. You must bring your own car seat as these will not be provided.
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The maximum number of passengers to EIGHT. This is 50% of capacity, but passengers will have more space between seats. As we gear up, we no longer will have a minimum number of guests. For parties of three or less, trips may be held in passenger cars with one of our guides.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.