Small-Group Reykjavik RIB Whale Watching Cruise
Zoom around the Icelandic waters aboard a custom designed RIB speed-boat, and enjoy close-up views of whales, dolphins, puffins and more.
The small yet powerful vessel is not just manoeuvrable out on the waters but also capable of reaching high speeds, allowing you to cover a larger area and get closer to the Reykjavik wildlife than you would in a classic boat.
After seeing the sights on the open water, enjoy panoramic views to admire Jón Gunnar Árnason’s 'Sun Voyager' sculpture and Harpa Concert Hall on the shoreline.
Numbers are limited to 12 per boat on this tour offering an unique small group experience with an expert captain & wildlife guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of coveralls
- All necessary safety equipment
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Choose from one of the multiple daily departures and then make your own way to Reykjavik Old Harbour to meet your guide & captain. After a quick safety briefing, pull on your provided overalls and safety gear and hop aboard your RIB speedboat.
Hold on tight as your captain zips you out of the harbor, and look out for some of the wildlife for which Faxaflói is famous. Loop around the wind-beaten islands of the bay to see puffins in their natural habitat during their breeding season from May to the end of August, and then head out on the open water to scout out the majestic whales and dolphins.
On the return to the harbor, cruise along Reykjavik’s shoreline and spot the sights from the sea. Colorful fishing huts and bustling restaurants make up the cityscape in this part of town, alongside some thought-provoking attractions, too. Enjoy looking at the Sun Voyager sculpture by Jón Gunnar Árnason, and the Harpa Concert Hall — a glittering glass building that is said to be inspired by the country’s volcanic geology.
After roughly two hours on the water, travel back to the start point where your tour ends.
Departure Point :Ægisgarður 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress warmly: Wool or fleece seater, Hat, gloves and sturdy footwear are recommended
- In the case of no sightings you will get a ticket for an alternative tour
- Hotel pickup in Reykjavik available at supplement
- Suitable for children over the age of 10 and over 145 centimeters tall
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travellers with knee problems
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Efforts are made to invite passengers to stay 2 meters apart from others whenever possible, but guests are asked to wear a face mask during the tour for their own safety. You can purchase a mask in our ticket office before departure. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available in certain areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.