Small Group Roman Food Tour Experience
Discover the city enjoying with us its flavors and its most famous dishes within the magical setting of Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori, and Trastevere.
In a journey of about 3 hours to do on foot in the characteristic alleys of these districts of the historic center, our specialized guides will accompany you to the discovery of Rome, tasting its most delicious dishes and exploring its magical atmosphere in a multisensory journey which will not leave you disappointed. Feel like a local, following the story of Roman cuisine through the centuries and discovering how the Romans behave at the table and in their free time.
Along the way you will have 6 tastings:
- Cold cuts
- Porchetta (roasted pork)
- Supplì (typical rice ball)
- Sweet or Ice cream
- 2 glasses of wine
per adult from
What's included :
- Food & Drinks - Pizza - Cold cuts - Porchetta (roasted pork) - Cheese - Supplì - Ice-cream - wine
- Professional Art Historian Guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- On site assistance
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extra Food & Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
It starts with a brief visit to Piazza Navona, offering a cross-section of the city in the Renaissance and Baroque periods when that is, the square still housed the market and was a meeting place for commoners and powerful people.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Once in Campo de Fiori, we will spend a little time to enjoy what is considered the oldest roman's food & fruit market, where you can still meet the popular soul of the city, its perfumes and its views; not excluding the historical figures, such as Giordano Bruno, whose statue dominates the center of the square. Next stop will be at the Viola Norcineria to have a tasting of cold cuts and wine, after this first step, we will then move to the Roscioli Bakery to taste a delicious slice of just-baked Margherita pizza.
After this stop, we take Via dei Giubbonari, towards Piazza Farnese, where one of the most magnificent Roman's building is, Palazzo Farnese, nowadays site f the French Embassy. Then continuing along Via Capo di Ferro, walking by Palazzo Spada, to finally cross the Tiber over Ponte Sisto to get in Trastevere.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Norcineria Viola dal 1890, Piazza Campo De' Fiori 43, 00186 Rome Italy
One of the Oldest Food store (norcineria) in Rome.
Here we will have some tastings of cold cuts and wine.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Palazzo Farnese, Piazza Farnese 67 Regola, 00186 Rome Italy
Palazzo Farnese is a historic building in Rome. Owned by the Italian State, it has been granted to the French government since 1936, which has its embassy in Italy here for a period of 99 years.
Pass By: Palazzo Spada, Piazza Capo di Ferro 13, 00186 Rome Italy
The Palace is located in Piazza Capo di Ferro and is also famous for its facade, and for the "false perspective" of Borromini.
Pass By: Ponte Sisto, 00153 Rome Italy
Ponte Sisto, the first bridge built in modern times, was built by Pope Sisto IV della Rovere (1471-1484), on the occasion of the Jubilee of 1475, to allow direct communication between the Trastevere district (and the Vatican) and the rest of the city.
The bridge is one of the few pedestrian bridges in Rome.
It consists of four arches covered in travertine, has a circular opening in the center and is decorated with five papal marble coats of arms.
Stop At: Trastevere, Trastevere, Rome, Lazio
Once in Trastevere you enter the medieval area of the city, still visible today in the views, in the voices of the inhabitants and in the protagonists of this neighborhood, of the past and the present. Talking about tradition, we will stop for a taste of porchetta ( roasted pork) with white pizza, buffalo mozzarella with and nice glass of wine, at La Norcineria Iacozzilli.
The guide will not fail to illustrate the crucial moment in which Rome was the city of the Pope and protected by it against the barbarians and conquerors who came from all over. So, to make all better, let's enjoy a taste of cheese trio at the Antica Caciara by Roberto Polica.
From medieval Rome, through the narrow streets around Via della Lungaretta and Piazza San Cosimato, we pass to discover the Rome of the last centuries, up to the present day. Getting back to present, nothing can be yummier than a typical "Suppli al telefono" at the Suppli 's King place.!
The tour ends with a sweet taste in your mouth with tiramisu or cream and zabaglione at Fabrizio Mattei's Pasticceria and an inevitable external stop in front of the Church of Santa Maria in Trastevere, the heart of this characteristic Roman district.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: La Norceria, Via Natale del Grande, 15, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Here we will stop for a taste of porchetta (roasted pork) with white pizza, buffalo mozzarella with and nice glass of wine.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Antica Caciara Trasteverina, Via di San Francesco a Ripa 140 a/B, 00153 Rome Italy
To enter in the roman tradition you will enjoy a taste of cheese trio
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Via di San Francesco a Ripa, Via di S. Francesco a Ripa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Tour will end with one of the most important food in the city. You will taste one of the symbol of the Roman cuisine the Supplì (rice balls)
Pass By: Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
The Basilica of S. Maria in Trastevere, which stands on the square of the same name, was probably the first official place of Christian worship built in Rome and certainly the first dedicated to the cult of the Virgin.
Departure Point :Piazza Navona, 2, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza Giuseppe Gioachino Belli, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels
- Vegetarian, vegan, and lactose-free options are available. Please advise any dietary specific requirements prior the tour departure
- Menu changes with the seasons
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Gastronomy, tastings stops, and itinerary may be subject to change to guarantee the best food experience
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.