Small-Group Segway Tour in Rome
Segway Rome Tours is the new, fun and environmentally friendly way to tour Rome. You will explore St. Peters, the Coliseum and Castel Sant'Angelo without breaking a sweat riding the segway! On the segway you will get to explore the century-old monuments that Rome presents to its tourists.
This small-group segway tour is limited to 8 people, ensuring personalized attention from your guide.
See the most significant attractions of the Eternal City from the comfort of a self-balancing Segway on this eco-friendly sightseeing tour of Rome, with 3 options depending on what you want to see and how long you’d prefer to tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Segway training session
- Waterproof jacket (if required)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to monuments
- Historic Tour: (3 Hours)
Depart from the pedestrian zone of Castel Sant’Angelo after a short training session, and head to St.Peters Basilica, Rome’s iconic symbol of Christianity. Glide around the oldest quarters of Rome to Piazza Navona, built over the site of the Stadium of Domitian. Admire the columns of the imperial Pantheon, a former Greek temple built by Hadrian in 126 AD. Ride along the Roman Forum to the Colosseum, perhaps Rome’s most iconic building. Take a tour of Piazza Venezia, dominated by the wedding-cake Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II. Join part of the “Lovely Tour” route, Segway-ing past the Trevi Fountain and onto the romantic Spanish Steps. Then, glide across the vast Piazza del Popolo to see some of its legendary Renaissance fountains.
Lovely Tour: (2 Hours)
Combine classic sites of the old town with the romance of the Villa Borghese, departing from the pedestrian zone of Castel Sant’Angelo. After a short training session, head to the Spanish Steps. Pass through the city center, tossing a coin in the Trevi Fountain as you go. Next, dodge the shoppers on Via del Corso, Rome’s biggest shopping street, to arrive at Piazza del Popolo, where you will climb to the Terrace of Pincio for breathtaking views inside the gardens of the Villa Borghese.
Classic Tour: (2 Hours)
The Classic Tour is a shorter version of the “Historic Tour” and visits many of the same sites, but in only 2 hours. The route starts at the pedestrian zone of Castel Sant’Angelo, where you will be taught how to ride your Segway. Go to Piazza Navona to see stunning Renaissance architecture and the flamboyant fountains of Bernini. Admire the Imperial Pantheon, after a ride along the Roman Forum. And imagine the roar of the crowds at the mighty Colosseum. Pass through Piazza Venezia to reach the Spanish Steps, via the Trevi Fountain. Throw in a coin to ensure you one day return to Rome. And pop by Piazza del Popolo to see Romans and tourists gathered around the fountains and obelisk.
Night Tour: (3 Hours)
I often think night time is more lively and colourful than daytime.
The appointment is at our meeting point in the pedestrian area of Castel Sant'Angelo. We will teach you how to drive a Segway through the beautiful Hadrian Mole Gardens. After that we'll be ready to head to Piazza Navona and then Campo de' Fiori, crowded and bustling market in the day time and romans' gathering point at night time. We will admire the beauty of Ponte Sisto on the Tiber, then crossing Piazza Venezia we'll climb the Campidoglio to enjoy the breathtaking view of the monument which best represents Rome: the Coliseum. Then riding along the Fori Imperiali we'll get to the world's most famous fountain, Trevi fountain. From there we'll reach the Spanish Steps to then loop back to our starting point, Castel Sant'Angelo.
Departure Point :Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Segway users are required to follow pedestrian rules
- Minimum age is 16 years
- You must weigh at least 100 pounds (45 kilograms) to ride a segway
- Dress code is smart casual
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.