Small-Group Snaefellsnes National Park Day Trip from Reykjavik
Join this outing for a captivating tour of Snæfellsnes peninsula in western Iceland. Sometimes called “Iceland in miniature,” due to its many different kinds of geology all in one place, you can’t miss this if you want to capture the true spirit and beauty of the island. See seals sunbathing and playing on the beach, stroll along cliffs overlooking black sand beaches and admire the volcano that inspired Jules Verne in his novel 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'. This is also a small-group tour of maximum 19 people, in order to ensure your comfort.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borgarnes, Borgarnes, Borgarbyggd, West Region
The journey starts by kicking off North through the famous tunnel under the Whale Fjord. After a scenic drive bus stops for short break in the town of Borgarnes laying on the small peninsula.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ytri Tunga Beach, Arnarstapi Iceland
Within a short drive from Borgarnes the true magic of Snæfellsnes Peninsula begins. Yti-tunga is a charming farm with nearby beach housing seal colony. Perfect place for animal lovers!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Budakirkja, Gardsbrun 6, Budir Iceland
Búðakirkjan Black Church is by many considered the most beautiful church in Iceland.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arnarstapi, Arnarstapi, West Region
A natural harbor surrounded by stunning landscapes. Beautiful rock formations decorate the coastline, spotted with green-and-yellow moss. Here one can stroll along the cliffs and take a perfect picture or simply enjoy the atmosphere of remote fishing village.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Londrangar Basalt Cliffs, Roadnumber 574, Hellissandur, Snaefellsbaer 360 Iceland
This is the place where two basalt columns mark the coast, so they can be even seen from the road. This is also another perfect stop for animal lovers - cliffs are famous of being house to many species of birds and air is filled with their sounds
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Djúpalónssandur, Iceland
Gorgeous black beach located within boarders of Snæfellsjökull National Park. While walking along the black sand beach one can find a curiosity on the beach: four large lifting stones used to measure the strength of fishermen you used to live in the area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Snaefellsjokull National Park, Klettsbud 7, Hellissandur, Snaefellsbaer 360 Iceland
In order to reach the northern part of the peninsula tour will take you on the ride around Snæfellsjökull Strato-Volcano, one of the most powerful ones in Iceland (luckily not active these days) covered by the glacier cap.
Stop At: Kirkjufell, Iceland
Kirkjufell (Church Mountain) accompanied by Kirkjufoss (Church Waterfall) is one the most known and picture-perfect location in Iceland. It got a lot of international attention after being featured in many Hollywood and TV productions - like in Games of Throne just to start with.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note that Nicetravel offers free pickup and drop off from hotels within Reykjavik. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik centre, your pick up may be from the nearest bus stop. After receiving your pickup information, we will notify you of your exact pick up location. If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at Nicetravel office in Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify Nicetravel directly if you intend to use this option and be there before 08:20.Pickup takes place between 08:30 - 09:00, so please be ready from 8:30 at your pickup location and look out for a bus with red NICE Travel logos.Ports
- Reykjavik Skarfabakki cruise port
- Reykjavik Midbakki cruise port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 5 years old
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid-19 tests are mandatory on arrival to Iceland.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.