Small-group Snowshoeing Tour from Tromso
Take a walk on the wild side of Tromsø on this small-group outdoor hiking tour and explore the Arctic nature on foot. You'll be taken to the countryside of Tromsø in the middle of beautiful mountains, fjords and valleys, where you and your group will snowshoe up a small mountain or along a valley with a guide. On the tour we will be using snowshoes, which makes it easier and a lot of fun to walk on the snow.
In autumn months and late spring when there is not much snow, the tour is a hiking tour without snowshoes.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vegetarian/Vegan/gluten free option available. Please specify this in you booking.
- Souvenir photos (websize resolution sent by email after the tour and highest resolution available for purchase)
- Pick up is in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel: Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Troms
- Drop-off in the city center.
- Snowshoes, hiking poles and a hiking backpack to carry your lunch.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop off
Listen to the sound crackling under your snowshoes as you hike through the Arctic wilderness. This snowshoeing activity brings travellers into the landscape. Experience heart-stopping views of Norwegian fjords, valleys and mountains. During your hike through the winter landscape we'll find the best place to enjoy your home-made meal. Relax and keep a look out for reindeer, eagles, ptarmigans, hares and other wildlife. After enjoying a hot chocolate we'll bring you comfortably back to Tromsø city centre.
• Wandering Owl, Strandvegen 41B, Tromso 9012 Norway
• Kvaloya, Kvaloya, Troms, Northern Norway
• Oldervik, Oldervik, Troms, Northern Norway
Departure Point :Fredrik Langes gate, Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the following information is important for us to assure the best service
- We encourage you to provide us with your email address to be able to send you the pictures after the tour
- When exceptional situations arise (e.g. weather cancellations) it is important to reach you. This is easiest if you provide your contact on the road (phone number + correct country code)
- Winter equipment is included, please give us your clothing and shoe sizes
- The place where you will be staying at (Hotel, Air BnB or other)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking as well as medical condition if needed
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Make sure you wear warm and water resistant clothes and have an extra layer with you and shoes/boots that are suitable for hiking
- It is recommended that you bring a bottle of water with you (0,5 liters shoud be enough)
- Activity is in English
- Please be prepared for limited toilet facilities, there will be a gas station stop during the drive, however the camp itself is in the wild Arctic nature where the only toilet possibilities are in the forest (there are no pre-built facilities)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if less than 2 passengers per tours. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Thermal suits, mittens, hats and scarfs can not be included on tours during winter season 2020/2021 due to the increase risk of virus transmission.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.