Small Group: The Magical Colonial Towns of Taxco and Cuernavaca Gold Service
Safe Trip: Because we care about you, we have put in place an international Safe and Healthy Protocol during all your tour. Only small groups allowed.
Enjoy one of the most exiting tours in Mexico visiting two of the most iconic and most visit cities nearby Mexico City: Cuernavaca and Taxco.
Beginning with "the City of Eternal Spring", in Cuernavaca, you will be able to appreciate the set of buildings that make up the cathedral of Cuernavaca, one of the first and the oldest on the continent, as well as the Palacio de Cortes.
Later we will go to a town nestled in a mountain, Taxco, capital of silver; a place where, in addition to extracting this valuable mineral for more than 4 centuries, you will be able to appreciate the ingenuity and creativity of the silver handcraft masters of Mexico, applied to sculptures, jewels, and a wide variety of utensils, all framed in a magic town that still retains the colonial charm for more than 200 years.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from/to your hotel or meeting point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de la Constitucion, Poder Legislativo Rio Balsas, Cuernavaca 62400 Mexico
. In Cuernavaca which means “next to the trees", you will enjoy the view of the Cathedral, one of the oldest buildings in the country and fifth building in Mexico dedicated to the Catholic cult, built in 1529 by the Order of the Franciscans (World Heritage). We will also see the exterior of the Palacio de Cortés, built by order of Hernán Cortés in the years immediately following the conquest of Mexico. Finally, we will observe the Monument to Morelos, an insurgent military and Mexican patriot, who organized and was the architect of the second stage of the Mexican War of Independence.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santa Prisca de Taxco, Plaza Borda, Taxco Mexico
We will continue to visit one of the treasures of the Sierra Madre: Taxco, "Silver Capital of the World", a colonial city with hundreds of years of history and one of the "magic towns" of the country. It is a picturesque little town, with cobbled streets and narrow, full of silver jewelry workshops.
Here there will be time to have lunch where you wish and then we will visit one of the largest churches in Mexico: Santa Prisca, built in 1759 in the baroque style of New Spain and with stones from the area.
Taxco is known worldwide for its silver mines and is one of the oldest mining centers in the continent, with operating mines and a culture of metal crafts that date back to the era of the viceroyalty. You will have the opportunity to see and buy silverware in this exclusive place.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Av. Paseo de la Reforma 423, Cuauhtémoc, 06500 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
2: Fiesta Americana Reforma, Av. Paseo de la Reforma 80, Juárez, Cuauhtémoc, 06600 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
3: Av. Juárez 14, Colonia Centro, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- > On the regular (shared) tours there will be empty spaces to guarantee social distance between clients. > We work in coordination with museums, churches, archaeological sites and points of interest during the tour to ensure that every location put in place the international sanitary protocols..
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.