Small-Group Toronto Beer Tour
On this small-group walking tour, explore the historical streets of Old Toronto and learn how beer has played an important role in Toronto's past. Taste some of Canada's finest regional craft brews and visit three classic pubs, plus discover Toronto specialties at the famous St Lawrence Market.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- A beer at each of the two pubs, and a beer sampling at a brewery
- Entry/Admission - Toronto Urban Adventures
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenirs, tips & gratuities for your guide
- Additional beer and food
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Toronto Urban Adventures, 25 Cole St Unit 615, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4M3 Canada
Throughout its history, from the early 1800s, when Toronto was known as "York" to the modern metropolis it is today, the citizens of this city have used beer for refreshment and merrymaking. This Toronto beer tour is a historic walk through the streets of the old Toronto and an introduction to Canadian beer all rolled into one.
Your Toronto tour will start and end at local icons, visiting a few others in between. With a focus on craft beer made in Toronto and its surrounding regions, this beer tour is known to be one of the best things to do in Toronto. Throughout the tour, you’ll learn about what role beer has played through the decades in helping Torontonians cope with cholera, fire, war, depression, rebellion, muddy streets, general Victorian stuffiness, and decades of losing seasons by the Maple Leafs (of course).
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: St. Lawrence Market, 92-95 Front St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5E 1C4 Canada
This (now classic) beer tour in Toronto will visit a few unique and historical pubs, all with different atmospheres, patrons, servers, and, of course, beer selection. Your guide will be a verified beer geek, with a love and passion for beer that will be evident from the get go. They’ll be full of recommendations for you, and can easily help you navigate the river of local craft beers you’ll uncover along your journey. At each pub stop, a beer will be included, but you are welcome to purchase more if one’s just not enough!
Additionally, because we want to prove why high school history totally wasn’t as fun as this way of learning history, we will indulge you with some historical tales of early Toronto, hoping to give visitors and locals alike a new perspective on the city. Not just wanting to stick to beer, this Toronto tour will also make a stop at the historic St Lawrence Market, where you can sniff out samples (go for the mustard!), and discover why this place has such a solid place in the hearts of Torontonians.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Distillery Historic District, 55 Mill St, Toronto, Ontario M5A 3C4 Canada
We’ll cap off the tour in the Distillery District, an old industrial park and former whiskey factory that has been converted into a hub of art, culture, and cafes. It’s a rather photogenic part of the city, so be sure your camera isn’t out of batteries before you get here!
If you’re going to tour Toronto, we’re pretty sure this is the way to do it. Beer, history, urban icons, and funky neighbourhoods – can you really get much better than that?!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hockey Hall of Fame, 30 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1X8, Canada
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Distillery District, Toronto, ON M5A, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 19 years
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Tour involves a good amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please note that a small beer at each of the first two pub stops and a beer sampling at the end of the tour is included. Additional drinks may be purchased at any of the stops during the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.