Small-Group Tour: Colosseum and Ancient Rome Experience
Experience the best of Rome's Ancient City on this astonishing Roman Forum and Colosseum Tour. With your expert guide leading the way, you'll enjoy skip-the-line access to the Ancient City and the Colosseum, to beat the crowds. Enjoy an intimate tour in a small-group no larger than 12.
Discover the culture of the Roman Forum, the beating heart of Rome's Empire. Then, see Ancient Rome's brutality in the Colosseum.
First, you'll enjoy a walking tour of the Roman Forum. You'll see the beautiful ruins of Temples, law courts and the Victory Arches, still standing, in this most important archaeological site. Continue to the Palatine Hill, the place where, in mythology, the city of Rome was founded.
Then, enjoy a full-tour of the Colosseum. You'll hear the fascinating tales of this mighty amphitheater, where the most brutal gladiatorial games in the Roman Empire were fought. Discover the true size and scale of this awesome historic building as you connect with ancient history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-the-line admission
- Full tour from an expert guide
- Small-group tour of max 12
- Headsets for groups of 6 or more
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and return
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Enjoy an amazing view of Ancient and modern Rome from the top of the Palatine Hill; once the home of Rome's Emperors. See where the Emperors lived and discover the true stories of their luxurious lifestyles.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Explore the heart of Ancient Rome with your guide and walk through the Forum. This part of the city contained the main political and religious buildings of the ancient capital of the empire.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit the world’s most famous amphitheater: the Colosseum. See the famous stadium where 80,000 Romans would have gathered to watch the blood sports on the Arena floor. Over 400,000 people died over the Colosseum’s 400 years in use, and 1,000,000 animals.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
As you walk around the exterior of the Colosseum, you'll pause for a moment at the Arch of Constantine; the Triumphal Arch of Rome's first Christian Emperor. Discover the fascinating history of the Arch and how its iconic style spawned many copy-cats.
Departure Point :Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant price applies with the minimum of one adult
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. We encourage those with mobility problems to book a private tour, in order to allow the guide to adapt the pace to their specific needs. This tour lasts 3 hours and a fair amount of walking is involved, including some stairs and uphill paths.
- Water fountains available on site
- Strollers are allowed but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven; children must be carried by an adult or be able to walk for most of the tour
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen
- There is no scheduled break, but it will be possible to stop for restrooms along the path, as needed
- Food is allowed in the archeological area
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Group size limited to 12 people
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.