Small-Group Tour in Trastevere: Hidden Gems and Undergrounds
Get ready to chart a fascinating course through the centuries as you embark on a fascinating walking tour of the most authentic neighbourhood in Rome. Immerse in the picturesque streets of Trastevere and explore its lesser-known underground gems unlikely to be noticed on your own. You will visit two hidden sights below the street level and be transported by their mystic atmosphere and ancient frescoes.
This small-group tour is limited to 8 participants, granting a quality experience, and it is monolingual.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Sterilised headsets to hear clear your guide
- One mask for person if required
- Use of hand-sanitizing gel during your tour
- Full on-site assistance
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Crisogono
- Entry/Admission - Santa Cecilia in Trastevere
- Entry/Admission - Trastevere
- Entry/Admission - Santa Maria in Trastevere
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di San Crisogono, Piazza Sonnino 44, 00198 Rome Italy
Find out the medieval Basilica of Saint Crisogono and be surprised by the captivating beauty behind its outside ordinary appearance. Marvel at the apse made by Bernini and the geometric Cosmatesque pavements. Go below the surface and find yourself in 4th-century Rome. Perceive the mystic atmosphere of the ancient underground basilica and walk along its walls, original frescoes, and the old crypt.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Santa Cecilia in Trastevere, Piazza di Santa Cecilia 22, 00153 Rome Italy
Then head towards the Church of Santa Cecilia and go under the earth into its impressive undergrounds. Walk on the original mosaic-flooring of the 3rd-century Roman House of the martyr and be amazed by the preserved look of the subterranean earlier basilica. Be fascinated by the legend of St. Cecilia’s life and her macabre death, and see the beautiful Roman mosaics all around her tomb.
Choose to visit the Cavallini room and marvel at his Last Judgement masterpiece (only with the morning option of the tour).
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
Stroll around the cobbled streets of Trastevere with your guide and immerse into its distinctive and lively spirit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
End your tour at the heart of the neighbourhood in front of the stunning golden mosaics of Santa Maria in Trastevere, one of the oldest churches of Rome. From here, immerse on your own into the authentic life of the district, its wineries, and traditional food tavernas, which Trastevere is famous for.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Giuseppe Gioachino Belli, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes before the activity starts
- Some sections might not be accessible during bad weather conditions
- An appropriate dress-code is required in order to enter the churches: knees and shoulders should be covered
- Wear comfortable walking shoes: a moderate amount of walking is involved.
- people with claustrophobia
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.