Small group tour to Plovdiv, Asen's Fortress and Bachkovo Monastery
During this day tour, you will be able to visit one of the must-see places in Bulgaria, not surprisingly elected European Capital of Culture for 2019, as well as two of the highlights in the region - Asen's fortress and Bachkovo Monastery
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The tour starts with pick up from your hotel/accommodation in Sofia. After approximately an hour and a half drive, we will reach Plovdiv. Plovdiv is said to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in Europe. The city has cultural and economic significance both in the past and in the present due to its strategic location. Pieces of evidence of its millennial history can be found all over the place – from the Roman Theatre to the Ottoman mosques. This is the reason why Plovdiv is one of the most charming sights in Bulgaria- wherever you look you will find history, a legend from a different period, traces of glorious past and at the same time, it’s a pleasure to see how vivid is it still and how it continues to develop and writes its new history. There we will visit the highlights – the Roman Theatre, the Roman Stadium, and have a walk in the Old Town with typical for the Revival Period house museums and narrow cobblestone streets. Afterward, we will have lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
When we are done with our traditional Bulgarian lunch, we will head towards the final destination of the tour – Asenova Fortress (approx. 25 min drive from Plovdiv). Asen's Fortress is situated on the top of a cliff in Rodopi Mountain, at approx. 20 km distance from Plovdiv. It is a Medieval fortress with a rich history and breathtaking view.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bachkovo Monastery, 10km south of Asenovgrad on the main road between Assenovgrad and Smolyan, Bachkovo 4251 Bulgaria
After feasting our eyes on the beauties of nature, we will drive to the Bachkovo monastery. This is the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria and one of the oldest. It was established in the late XI century by a man for Georgia. The monastery later became part of the Bulgarian church. It suffered a lot from the turbulence of the time and keeps a lot of history and drama.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all of our clients from any point in Sofia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.