Small Group Tour to Rila Monastery and Boyana Church
During this full-day tour you will visit Rila Monastery and Boyana Church –both of which are part of UNESCO world heritage list.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Situated deep in the dense pine forests of Rila Mountain, Rila Monastery is the biggest and most important Orthodox cloister in Bulgaria .It is an outstanding example of the Bulgarian cultural and historical heritage, in which architecture and painting merge harmoniously. The site is part of UNESCO world heritage list. Rila Monastery was found in 10th century by St Ivan Rilski, a hermit canonized by the Orthodox Church. His ascetic dwelling and tomb became a holy place and later on a monastic complex was formed. It played an important role in the spiritual and social life of medieval Bulgaria.
After the guided visit of the Monastery complex and lunch, we will head back to Sofia. One the way we will stop at the second UNESCO site for the day Boyana church. Small but unique with the most preserved frescoes from 1259 on this part of Europe.The tour will end with drop off at your hotel/accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all of our clients from any point in Sofia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.