Small-Group Tour with Evening Access to Saint Mark's Basilica
This 1.5-hour evening walking tour will provide you access to Saint Mark’s Basilica, one of the most spectacular cathedrals in the world, after closing time. Enter this Byzantine treasure trove with just your guide and the church custodian, out of hours. Leave the crowds outside, while you discover the peace and serenity of this spiritual location, what was once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Exclusive access for Venice Events' groups to Saint Mark's Basilica after hours
- Small groups of 15 people or less
- Includes Saint Mark's Square, inside Saint Mark's Basilica and its breathtaking mosaics, the Crypt, normally not accessible and the Pala d’Oro alterpiece
- Professional local guide for 1 h 30 min
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Admission to the upper floor of the Basilica and the treasury
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazzetta dei Leoncini, Venice Italy
Meet the assistant, collect your headset and start the tour with your professional guide.
Venice Event’s personally selected guide will ensure your small group can embrace the art and history of this sacred location.
There will be no more than 6 groups in any one time in the Basilica, and therefore, ensuring this one-and-a-half-hour tour is a once-in-a lifetime experience behind closed doors.
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Starting in Saint Mark’s Square, our specialized guide will introduce you another side of Venice and its origins.
Enjoy fantastic tales of tyranny and embrace the dynamic history of Venice, whilst discovering the history of the most dramatic and awe-inspiring building in Venice, Saint Mark’s Basilica.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Without the need to skip the queues or wait behind hundreds of other sightseers you will enter this sumptuous building, when all of the other tourists have long gone.
The clink of the custodian's key as he opens the doors for your group will be the start of this very special and moving experience.
Without the buzz of a thousand tourists, relish in the glorious golden mosaics, all 43,000 square feet, illuminated just for this tour.
Your passionate, and expert guide will explain the intricate works and history of the ornate decoration found throughout this architectural masterpiece.
Witness the Pala d’Oro, one Italy’s most refined and accomplished examples of Byzantine enamel, decorated in gold and with over 1,900 gems.
As the Basilica, has been opened just for this intimate tour, we will also visit areas that otherwise are not open to the masses, such as the crypt, where the relics of Saint Mark are said to be laid and the main altar.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazzetta dei Leoncini, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica
- The tour will take place rain or shine
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.