Small Group VIP Manatee Pontoon Tour
We will let you in on a secret! You can get the high-end experience, with an affordable price tag! Our new heated (during winter), luxury pontoon aims to amp up the manatee sighting and deliver a more personal event! Observe the endangered West Indian Manatee in Crystal River’s idyllic Kings Bay National Wildlife Refuge. Your US Coast Guard licensed captains and guides will take you into the 600 acre spring fed refuge waters for viewing and snorkeling with these slow moving wild giants. All equipment, fees, snacks and beverages are included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of equipment (mask, snorkel gear and wet suit)
- Beverages (bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate)
- Professional guide
- Introductory/instructional video offered in English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages (unless otherwise specified)
- Photo DVD (available to purchase)
- Towel and swimsuit
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, 1502 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL 34429-4661
Enjoy the unique privilege that is exclusively ours here in Citrus County Florida by swimming with the manatees in the spring-fed King’s Bay Wildlife Refuge! Crystal River is home to the world’s largest population of endangered manatee during the winter season, and even a small population the warm months. Having the chance to encounter these wild giants in their natural habitat is an adventure that your family will never forget!
Stop At: River Ventures Manatee Tour Center, 498 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL 34429-4718
Embark on your journey with a Coast Guard Certified Master Captain who will be your in water chaperon, educator and photographer. Your tour will run four hours from start to finish and everything you will need is included for one price. You will begin at our full-service tour facility, where you will be educated about the animals in a classroom type setting and receive tips for your snorkel tour to make the most of your day. You will be taught the in’s and out’s of ‘passive interaction’ as this ensures that the animals enjoy the experience as much as we do! You will then be suited up and transported to the dock, where a Coast Guard certified covered pontoon will be waiting for you. This rich estuary will amaze…..birds, fish and wildlife abound! Submerge yourself in the manatee’s world! Finish your adventure by viewing your Captain’s photos back at our facility and be sure to visit our one-of-a-kind gift shop! Our well-informed staff will direct to other local attractions, restaurants and answer of your questions before you are on your way.
Stop At: River Ventures - Homosassa, 10823 W Yulee Dr, Homosassa, FL 34448-3817
It is very important to have realistic expectations when it comes to a wild animal encounter! Every trip is different and the experience is unique for each individual. In the cooler weather the animals migrate to this area and congregate here for the protection of the warm water springs; when the weather warms they can move about going wherever they want! The early mornings tend to be the best time to find the animals and best chance of seeing them near the springs where the water tends to be more clear. Remember it is very simple, cold weather = many manatee; warmer weather=lower manatee counts and more time looking for these endangered animals. Even seeing a few manatee is a phenomenal adventure!
Departure Point :498 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL 34429, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wetsuits are available in sizes from toddlers (2 years old and up) to adults up to 5X
- It is advised that you have your swimsuit on underneath your clothes for a quicker check-in
- Please bring a towel and a plastic bag to hold your belongings
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children Under 3 years old are not allowed on this tour. Please call for other options.
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Policy- We are mindful to thoroughly clean water vehicles between visitors.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.