Small-Group Walking Tour in Golden Gate Park and the Haight
Golden Gate Park is one of the best urban parks in the U.S. Start your morning tour by seeing the Japanese Gardens and De Young Museum, as well as some unusual hidden spots and several cool sculptures.
After that we take you to famous Haight-Ashbury, a key location in the 1960's Hippie Movement. You'll be able to see the residences of Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead and the infamous Charles Manson. You'll also get a chance to go into the notorious Psychedelic Shop, where LSD was openly sold when that was legal (not any more!).
We finish the tour right in the heart of the neighborhood - the perfect place to get lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Gratuities not included. Please allow 15-20%.
- Lunch/Drinks are not included.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Inner Sunset, Inner Sunset, San Francisco, California
Your guide will help you orient yourselves, by giving you some key points of interest in this very pleasant San Francisco neighborhood.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
There's a ton of things to see in Golden Gate Park, one of the best urban parks in the world, including sculptures and cool hidden spots that only locals know about.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
Haight-Ashbury was a key location in the 1960's Hippie Movement. You'll pass by the residences of Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead and the infamous Charles Manson. You'll also get a chance to go into the notorious Psychedelic Shop, where LSD was openly sold when that was legal (not any more!).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Sriracha Thai Cuisine, 1319 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :600 Clayton St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Aim to get to the meeting point 10-15 minutes early. If you’re late you may miss the tour.
- No ticket required for children under 12 y.o.
- By making a booking for this tour you agree to be bound by Real San Francisco Tours terms of service.
- This is a walking tour and we move at a reasonable pace. Please book a private tour if you have mobility issues.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.