Small-Group Whale Watching Experience in Isla Mujeres
Swimming with a whale shark is a unique experience that is why there are more and more places in the world where fishing nets have been exchanged for ecotourism with this charismatic giant.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Snacks - Sandwiches/sofdrinks/water /ceviche upon activity in north beach
What's excluded :
The Mexican Caribbean is one of the few places where the whale sharks are close enough to shore to make boat trips possible to see them. The season begins on May 15th and ends on September 17th.
We start the morning early to prepare for our day’s adventure and return mid-day depending upon the distance we need to travel. The whale shark area is 45 minuts to 1 ½ hours away from Isla Mujeres and approximately 40 square miles, so it may take time to locate them.
Only swimming and snorkeling are allowed, no diving. Our experienced captain and crew have the required whale shark certifications and marine biology courses and are fully bilingual.
We provide sandwiches, softdrinks and bottled water, all the snorkel gear, life vests. After swimming with the whale sharks we head back to Isla and visit a nice shallow reef for snorkeling (if time permits) while the captain prepares a fresh ceviche.
Due to COVID-19 the maximum capacity allowed by the government is limited to 8 per boat.
Departure Point :Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Punta Sam, López Portillo 84, 77525 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Isla Blanca 17, Salinas, Isla Mujeres, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.