Small Public Tour to Texel Island
Visit the island of Texel in world heritage Wadden Sea. The island is ideal for anyone wanting to discover its unspoilt nature and picturesque villages.
This small public group tour for maximum six travelers departs from Amsterdam. The first stop is Den Helder, where you embark the ferry to the island, crossing unesco's Wadden Sea. Once there the e-bikes are used for getting around! The total cycling route takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs (excl stops). Cycle, slowly, among sheep that graze on the Wadden Sea Dyke, as the bicycle path leads to a farmhouse from 1684. Try the typical Texel's pancake, made by the same family that bought the thatched roofed farmhouse over a century ago.
Make a stop in Den Burg, a quaint village where you have some personal time. The local shop makes their own ice cream from fresh milk from the Texel cows. Then it’s time to cycle back to the pier and the drive back to Amsterdam.
Escape mass-tourism and go off-the-beaten path with this marvellous experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable, corona proof transportation from Amsterdam
- Private guide for 9 hours
- Return ticket for the ferry
- Lunch in local restaurant: Texel's pancake & local drink
- Guided E-bike Tour
- Full day use of e-bike
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
- Entry/Admission - Wadden Islands
- Entry/Admission - Catharinahoeve
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (up to you)!
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centraal Station, Stationsplein 9, 1012 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
If you're staying in the heart of Amsterdam, it's perhaps just as convenient to walk to our centrally located meeting point: Amsterdam Central Station.
Meet your guide (and fellow travelers) at the water-facing side of the station. You can recognize our guide by the white flag with blue letters saying 'Tulip Day Tours'. Our vehicle departs at 9:30 am sharp.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
If you're staying a bit too far out of the station, you can also opt to add hotel pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam to your booking. This way you can start your day comfortable and you don't need to hassle of getting to the station.
The drop-off address doesn't have to be the same as pick-up. We have space in our vehicle for luggage so you can use this experience as transportation at the same time.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Den Helder, Den Helder, North Holland Province
Enjoyment starts already in the minivan, as you leave the city of Amsterdam behind you and watch the Dutch landscape pass by, that is as flat as a pancake. Enjoy the interesting narration about the Netherlands by your friendly and professional guide, on the way to the top of the province of North-Holland. Upon arrival in Den Helder, the ferry crossing the peaceful Wadden Sea takes you to Texel. The journey from Amsterdam to Texel takes about two hours total.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wadden Islands, The Netherlands
The Frisian, or Wadden Islands, are a North Sea archipelago off the coast of the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. The islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea (large parts of which fall dry during low tide) from the North Sea.
The Wadden Sea is the largest tidal flats system in the world, where natural processes proceed largely undisturbed.
For its globally unique geological and ecological values the Wadden Sea is listed by UNESCO as World Heritage. Nowhere else in the world is there such a dynamic landscape with a multitude of habitats, shaped by wind and tides. Global biodiversity is reliant on the Wadden Sea.
Once in Den Helder, take the ferry and cross the Wadden Sea.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Texel, Texel, North Holland Province
Once on the island, the e-bikes are waiting to be taken out. The total route takes about 1.5 to 2 hours (excl. stops) and covers the southern part of the island. Cycle (slowly) among sheep that graze on the Wadden Sea Dyke, as the route leads to a beautiful farmhouse dating back to 1684.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Den Burg, Den Burg, Texel, North Holland Province
The next stop is the picturesque village of Den Burg, where you have some free time to wander around and/or to grab a dessert. The ice cream shop in the village makes their own amazingly delicious ice cream, traditionally made from fresh farmer's milk from the Texel cow. And their sorbet ice cream is packed with fruit. Or spend your free time in the Texel antiquities room, a small museum (in a house built in 1599) that is furnished with Texel's furniture and utensils from the 19th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catharinahoeve, 1791 PE Den Burg, Netherlands
The route leads to a beautiful farmhouse dating back to 1684. The same family that bought the thatched roofed farmhouse over a century ago turned it in 1965 into a restaurant. And since then they are responsible for the pancakes that are 'world famous on Texel', using mostly local products. Because when you're on the island, you can't miss the typical Texel's Pancake, made with Texel's famous sheep cheese or with any other delicious topping, sweet or savory.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :De Ruijterkade 10A, 1011 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up, if booked, is around 9:10 - 9:30 am. The exact time depends on your pick-up address. We let you know your exact pick-up time as soon as possible, but no later than 6 pm the evening before the tour. We contact you by email or WhatsApp to let you know your exact pick-up time. Drop-off address in Amsterdam doesn't have to be the same as pick-up.Ports
- Ocean Cruise Terminal or River Cruise Ports
- Amsterdam River Cruise Port, De Ruijterkade, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Passenger Terminal Amsterdam at Elbaweg, Unnamed Road, 1044 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Traveler must be able to cycle on a regular bicycle; e-bike works the same as a regular bicycle as you cycle but without effort
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Participation is on your own risk
- The route follows quiet bicycle paths
- Traveling with children, in a group or staying outside Amsterdam? This tour is also available as private experience with pick-up anywhere in the region.
- Pick-up time is between 9:10 - 9:30 am. Exact pick up time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
- Seating rows in the vehicle are separated by transparant screens. Travelers sit by themselves or with their travel companion;
- During the corona crisis the max group size is reduced to 4 travelers or 2 travel parties: one travel party per row in the vehicle - a travel party is a solo traveler, a couple/duo
- Travelers must use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel and undergo a temperature check before boarding the vehicle;
- While in the vehicle travelers must wear the provided face mask covering mouth and nose;
- During the tour a 1.5 meter distance from one another is maintained. As we use a tour guide whisper system, travelers can wander off and still hear the guide clearly;
- 2020 Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- - Social distancing throughout the tour, incl in the vehicle - We take the coronavirus very seriously and adhere to local and national regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.