Smithsonian Air & Space & American History Museum Tour- 8ppl Max
Explore the best of American history while taking a step into its future on this combo tour at the Smithsonian. On this 5 to 5.5 hour semi-private guided museum combo tour, you’ll visit the National Air and Space Museum followed by a trip to the National Museum of American History. The passionate guides will take up to 8 guests to some of the most captivating pieces displayed in these two world-class museums to explore the United States and its rich past, followed by a look to the future.
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. Thank you for understanding. Feel free to refer the Smithsonian Air & Space website for an updated list of exhibits)
per adult from
300 to 330 minutes
What's included :
- SKIP-THE-LINE SEMI-PRIVATE MUSEUM TOUR
- "SEMI-PRIVATE" MEANS GROUP SIZE IS NEVER MORE THAN 8 GUESTS MAXIMUM
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE
- DURATION 5 - 5.5 HOURS
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Independence Ave SW 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC, DC 20560
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that Many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. here is a link for their website if you would like an updated list of what you may see during your visit: https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/now-view
Thank you for understanding.)
Take a leap into the unique collection at the National Air and Space Museum, covering the United States’ world famous space program. The National Air and Space Museum doesn’t just cover extraterrestrial exploration. It covers everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. You’ll see the first plane to take flight as well as the Spirit of St. Louis, the first plane to cross the Atlantic. Discuss Amelia Earhart, the iconic female pilot who famously disappeared while trying to fly around the world. Check out Hubble space suits, and lunar modules while learning all about NASA and the United States’ space program. The two story back ups for the Hubble telescope and the early space station Skylab dominate your field of vision and since the originals stayed in space, this is the best way to get up close and personal! Find out what it's like to be an astronaut today with one of our expert guides – there’s even freeze dried ice cream in the gift shop to get the full experience. Discover the history of the world’s foremost space program and the technology and innovation that made it possible to land a man on the moon.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: National Museum of American History, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Between 12th and 14th Street, Washington DC, DC 20560
After a break for lunch, take a trip down memory lane. From a ragtag group of colonists to one of the world’s super powers, the United States has made quite a name for itself. The National Museum of American History traces this path through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers. Visit the extensive collection of first ladies’ gowns to the Greensboro lunch counter that embodies the Civil Rights Movement. This tour will help you to understand the exciting and oftentimes controversial history behind this vast country.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :654 Jefferson Dr SW, Washington, DC 20565, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Smithsonian National Museum of American History, 1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- We as ask that all guests bring a face mask. Outdoors masks are not mandatory, however for entry to certain venues it may be required. All indoor venues and museums still require masks to be worn when visiting inside and are currently mandatory.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.