Smithsonian Museum of Natural History Guided Tour - 8ppl Max
Join a 1.5 to 2 hour semi-private guided tour of the National Museum of Natural History, featuring rare marvels from around the world. The tour, which welcomes up to 8 guests, will lead you through the minerals, mammals, and mummies that have been wowing visitors for over a century.
per adult from
What's included :
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Art Historian Guide
- Duration 1.5-2 Hours
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave, Washington DC, DC 20560
Your guide will take you to visit the highlights of the collection, housed in a massive building that covers the area of 18 football fields. Gaze into the world-famous Hope Diamond, whose brilliant blue sparkle, and immodest size at 46 karats, captured the attention of former owner Marie Antoinette. Wander through the displays of gems and minerals, including the Dom Pedro Aquamarine, the world’s largest gem of its type, which glows brilliantly from within. Travel back in time to learn about death rituals while exploring real mummies from Ancient Egypt. Then step out of the past into the wild, exploring the mighty polar bears, elephants, and giraffes that roam across earth’s surface. From the land, jump into the sea at the Ocean Hall, where you’ll discover a live coral reef exhibit as well as a 45-ton whale, Phoenix, which is a replica of a real living what that the museum tracks. By the end, you’ll understand why so many people come to visit the 126.5 million artefacts housed at the National Museum of Natural History.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1010 Madison Dr NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable clothing and shoes recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: National Museum of Natural History and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- We as ask that all guests bring a face mask. Outdoors masks are not mandatory, however for entry to certain venues it may be required. All indoor venues and museums still require masks to be worn when visiting inside and are currently mandatory.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.