Smoky Mountain Guided Scenic High Van Tour
**Please note that all participants will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the tour. Please bring your own masks and hand sanitizer as we will have a limited supply for those who forget. You will also be asked to sign an acknowledgement of risks and report any illness within 14 days of tour.** Leave the driving to us as we take you to the top of the Smoky Mountains to enjoy the sea of mountains. Your guide will stop along the way for several photo stops as you learn about the human and natural history of the Smokies. Once at the top, we'll explore a small section of the famous Appalachian Trail before continuing our trek to visit the North Carolina side of the Park.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional naturalist guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Gratuity for your guide.
- Bottled water - Drinks are not provided. Please bring plenty of water.
- Rain Gear - We do have emergency ponchos on hand if needed.
- Face Masks and Hand Sanitizer - we have a very limited supply for those who forget. Please bring your own as they are required until further notice.
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: A Walk In The Woods, Gatlinburg, TN
We will meet at the Sugarland's Visitor Center where you will have a chance to explore the Park museum and support the Park with your gift purchases at the book store. From there, we will travel up the mountain and learn the human and natural history of the Park before getting out and experiencing a slice of the famous AT. Your guide will regale you with stories of the Cherokee, the settlers, the Civil War history and the creation of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Stop and experience beautiful vistas, learn the medicinal and edible uses of wild plants, take your time as you soak in the beauty of these ancient mountains.
Stop At: Sugarlands Visitors Center, 2 miles south of Gatlinburg on US-441, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Departure and return location.
Stop At: Newfound Gap Road, Between Sugarlands and Oconoluftee 13.2 MIles from Sugarlands Visitor Center is the state line marker overlook, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Newfound Gap Road has many scenic vistas and points of interest.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Sugarlands Visitor Center, 1420 Fighting Creek Gap Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour requires a 2 person minimum to operate. If you are traveling solo, you may join into an existing tour or pay the 2 person rate.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by A Walk in the Woods