Snæfellsjökull Glacier Hike- Full Day Hike to the Summit
Working together as a team, using only the strength of our bodies and minds, we will hike together to the summit of Snæfellsjökull. Upon reaching the summit this natural way, you will be rewarded with an overwhelming sense of self-fulfillment and absolute triumph.
....Oh, and the views over the entirety of the Snæfellsness peninsula, the Westfjords, and Reykjavik City are not too bad either.
We offer the Eco-friendly alternative that is both personal and sustainable!
We cater for private and large groups too.
per adult from
7 to 12 hours
What's included :
- All required glacier gear which includes Climbing harness, Crampons, Ice axe, Hiking sticks, Safety line.
- Short drive to glacier trail start
- Certified Wilderness/Glacier guides
- Contribution to Icelandic forestry/landcare through The Kolviður Fund / Forest
- All Tours Prices include 11% VAT
What's excluded :
- Snacks - lunch and drink
- Transport to and from Arnarstapi (can be arranged from Reykjavik at extra cost).
- Sturdy hiking boots - can also be rented 1.500Isk (please ask us when you book to make sure we have your size)
- Appropriate warm clothing, wet weather clothing
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Snaefellsjokull National Park & Glacier, Klettsbud 7 Hellissandur Iceland
Hike to the base or summit of this incredible Icelandic glacier the sustainable Eco way!
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Arnarstapi, Arnarstapi, West Region
Tour starts from here and we will spend some time telling you a little folklore and history of this area!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Arnarstapavegur, Arnarstapi, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.