Snæfellsnes & Kirkjufell / guided private tour
Snæfellsnes - Journey to the centre of the earth Guided tour - Private car with driver guide Available as a Private Tour Pick up at 08.00 ( or when you prefer ) Duration 9-10 hours
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Snaefellsjokull National Park & Glacier, Klettsbud 7 Hellissandur Iceland
We start the day by heading north, through the main town of western Iceland, Borgarnes. We continue our journey west onto the beautiful, multi coloured terrain of the Snæfellsnes peninsula and Kirkjufell mountain. The western tip of the peninsula is the newly designated national park, including the Snæfellsjökull glacier and stunning coastal beaches and cliffs. We will visit a view point in the foothills of the glacier, made famous in the novel Journey to the Center of the Earth penned by French novelist, Jules Verne. Búðir, meaning “shops,” was the old trading post of the area many years ago. What remains today are almost invisible ruins of this formerly vibrant trading post. We’ll stop for coffee at the Búðir Hotel, one of the most popular country hotels in Iceland. We’ll go down to the tiny village at Arnarstapi to see the beautiful sea cliffs and views in this area. There is a scenic 2.5 kilometre walk from Arnastapi to Hellnar, which you are also free to enjoy. We’ll be visiting the small settlement of Hellnar, a town practically sitting below the glacier at the ocean’s edge. Seabirds and cliffs dominate the area. During summer, lunch stop at the Fjöruhúsið Café located in a great warm spot near the beach. From here you’ll enjoy amazing views and hear some intense birdsong! Then we’ll enjoy some time on the beach at Djúpalónssandur. Our last stop is Ólafsvík, a weather-exposed fishing village. Your busy day comes to a close back at your starting point!
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Where do you want to start the tour ?
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.