Snorkel and Island Experience at Laughing Bird Caye National Park
Laughing Bird Caye is a National Park and World Heritage Site. It is a long and narrow island known for its abundance of marine life and corals. The name comes from the gulls that are among the many birds that Inhabit the north end of the caye. Laughing Bird Caye offers excellent snorkeling as would be expected at a national park. On the east side of the island coral mounds separated by sandy patches rise to about 5 feet from the surface. These mounds have a variety of coral types which are home to lobsters, barracuda, lizardfish, angel fish, parrot fish, spotted drums, southern rays and a myriad of reef fish. On the west side your guide will find lobster, barracuda, lizardfish, Nassau grouper, angel fish, furry sea cucumbers, conch and lots and lots of colourful juvenile reef fish.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick Up and Drop Off along the main road in Placencia Village.
- Park Fees.
- Licensed Snorkel Guide.
- Lunch and Snacks.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Entry/Admission - Laughing Bird Caye National Park
What's excluded :
- Pick Up and Drop Off outside of Placencia Village (can arrange for US $10.00 per person)
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Masks are available for sale for US$ 2.50 to $ 7.50
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laughing Bird Caye National Park, 11 Miles Off the Coast of Placencia Village, Placencia Belize
Depart Splash Dive Center at 09:00 am for the 30 to 40 minute boat ride to Laughing Bird Caye National Park. This is the most popular Inner Reef dive destination. Upon arrival expect a briefing from the park ranger and then head into the water with your licensed snorkel guide. If you have not snorkelled before, no problem. Our guides are happy to show you the ins and outs of snorkeling and how to find the good stuff. Critters include spotted drum, huge lobsters, cleaner shrimp, arrow crabs, snapper, barracuda and more varieties of reef fish than you can count. l
Around mid day you’ll enjoy a Belize style picnic lunch or a barbecue on the island. Then, you would head back into the water for more underwater exploration. There are lots of areas with healthy corals and abundant aquatic life to check out before heading back to Placencia.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Splash Dive Centre, 2287 Placencia Peninsula Road, Placencia 00000, Placencia, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We text guests to arrange time and place for pickup. We provide complimentary pickup and drop off along the main road in Placencia Village.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals are not included.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Belize protocol requires guests to arrive at pickup points or at our dive center wearing masks, apply hand sanitizer and be subject to temperature measurement. You must wear your mask except when eating, drinking or have a snorkel in your mouth.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.