Snorkel the Perfect Tropical Isle Silk Caye with Turtles, Rays and Sharks
Silk Cayes is a marine reserve consisting of 3 small islands formerly known as the Queen Cayes. This Marine Reserve hosts over 25 species of reef fish, with a variety of coral and other marine life! The Silk Caye is one of healthiest areas in the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System due to its location and protected status. It is a great destination to snorkel, scuba dive or simply spend a day on the island! Snorkelers explore the reefs surrounding the islands. Scuba Divers explore the the barrier reef wall and other dive sites the Silk Cayes have to offer. As a bonus just before returning to Placencia, everyone has an opportunity to snorkel with rays, sharks and (usually) huge turtles in an area where the local fishermen clean their catch - when the critters hear the boat engines, they think it is meal time and come to the dive boat.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and Drop off along the main road in Placencia Village.
- Park Fees.
- Licenced Snorkel Guide.
- Lunch and Snacks
- Use of Snorkel Vests or Life Jackets (available on request)
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- Pickup and Drop off outside of Placencia Village (can arrange for US$ 10.00 per person)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Splash masks for sale for prices ranging from US$ 2.50 to $ 7.50.
Silk Cayes is our most popular snorkel destination and offers great scuba diving on the nearby Barrier Reef. A perfect getaway for whole family, Silk Cayes are part of a marine reserve established to protect the outer reef and has an abundance of marine life, tropical fish, and healthy corals.
Start with a briefing by the park rangers before your licensed snorkel guide leads you into the water to meet the local residents. If you have not snorkeled before, no problem; the guides are happy to teach and guide you! The snorkel guides will show you where to find the coral and the fascinating creatures who live there. Critters include lobsters, cleaner shrimp, arrow crabs, snapper, barracuda and more varieties of reef fish than you can count.
Around mid-day enjoy an authentic Belize style picnic lunch or Island Barbecue. Then head back into the water to explore more corals and denizens who make Silk Cayes their home. The best is yet to come! After the second snorkel expedition, you'll head to a spot just inside the barrier reef where local fishermen clean their catch. You are almost certain to have close encounters with huge turtles, rays, and nurse sharks!
Departure Point :Splash Dive Centre, 2287 Placencia Peninsula Road, Placencia 00000, Placencia, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We text guests to arrange time and place for pickup. We provide complimentary pickup and drop off along the main road in Placencia Village but charge US$ 10.00 per person for pickup/drop off north of Placencia Village.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Belize protocol requires guests to arrive at pickup points or at our dive center wearing masks, apply hand sanitizer and be subject to temperature measurement. You must wear your mask except when eating, drinking or have a snorkel in your mouth. Masks are available for sale for US$ 2.50 to $ 7.50.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.