Snorkeling Between Continents in Silfra with Photos Included
You'll arrive at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Once there, you'll take a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the park. Here, you will listen as your friendly and experienced PADI Divemaster guide.
Later, you'll receive all of the necessary equipment for snorkeling in Silfra, including neoprene hoods and gloves, a thermal drysuit, snorkel and fins. The equipment will keep you buoyant throughout your time in the fissure, as well as offering a protection against the water.
Once in the water, your eyes will meet the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as the natural under-water flora canyon walls. As you are swimming you will have the opportunity to swim across continents, as you will be switching back and forth from the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. After the tour GoPRO pictures will be sent to you by email for free.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Guided snorkeling tour in Silfra Fissure
- Free GoPro photos from the tour (underwater and out of the water)
- Small-group guaranteed & personal experience
- Certified PADI dive / Dive-master Guide for Snorkeling Tour
- Drysuit and all other snorkeling equipment that will keep you warm and dry
- Hot drinks and cookies after snorkeling
What's excluded :
- Parking fees
Snorkel between the continents in the Silfra fishure is an amazing adventure, join us in the Þingvellir national park for a refreshing experience in the clearest glacier waters in Iceland
• Silfra, Thingvellir Iceland
Departure Point :Vallarvegur, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form –https://troll.is/medical). You can sign the form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- - You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for people over 65 years old
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.