Snorkeling with Whale Sharks at Cancun
Come explore the incredible world of the whale shark and enjoy the experience of a lifetime with the Whale Shark Discovery. The Whale Shark conveys peace and tranquillity; swimming alongside this gentle giant of the sea in Mexico is an experience to remember and share again and again. The whale shark is completely harmless to humans, it is actually a very docile and curious creature.
In summertime hundreds of whale sharks swim to the waters surrounding Isla Mujeres, Isla Contoy and Isla Holbox, to feed on plankton where the Caribbean Sea meets the Gulf of Mexico. From end of May to middle of September, you will have the remarkable opportunity to swim and snorkel with these amazing animals, in an area teaming with sea life.
Whale shark sightings 100% guaranteed!
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transportation from Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum (air conditioned)
- Light breakfast in Cancun
- Bottled water, soft drinks and beer
- Lunch with sandwiches, shrimp ceviche, guacamole and fruits *If you are vegetarian or allergic to something please let us know when making your reservation.
- Full snorkeling gear
- Experienced, bilingual guides: English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Polish.
- Swim with the whale sharks as much as possible.
- Best boats with whale shark operating permits
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Federal Tax of $5 usd not included in the price. You need to pay for this directly at the Marina.
- Whale shark watching in Cancun, Mexico – a unique experience you will never forget. Join us in this amazing adventure!
Our boats are leaving daily from Cancun to get to the whale sharks area between Isla Mujeres and Isla Holbox. Our experienced bilingual guides will make your whale shark swimming or watching experience the highlight of your holiday.
WHY WITH US?
• We work with the best whale sharks tour operator in the Riviera Maya.
• We guarantee an excellent high quality service to ensure the total satisfaction of our clients.
• We have over 7 years of experience with whale shark tours as we started in year 2008.
• We are professional. Our guides are enthusiastic, experienced and knowledgeable. The whole team will make your tour unforgettable.
• We have 3 crew members on each boat to ensure your total satisfaction and to assure you swim as much as you like: captain, sailor/guide, bilingual guide/photographer.
• Working with small groups of clients, max. 10 people per boat ensures you a familiar private tour feeling.
• We are safe. The Speed boats are very safe and comfortable (with whale shark operating permits).
• We provide high quality snorkeling equipment. Using water release valve silicon snorkels makes it a lot easier to breath in the moment you swim with the whale sharks.
• We won’t limit you. You can swim as many times as you want with the whale sharks.
• We go the extra mile. We try to spot Dolphins, Turtles and Manta Rays for you to have the best experience.
• We are there for you. We offer you biodegradable sunblock on the boat in case you don’t bring your own.
5.45 - 7.30 – Pick up from your hotel in Cancun ( aprox. 6.20 Playa Del Carmen, 5.45 Tulum).
7.45 – Arrival at our meeting point at the boat pier in Cancun (Marina Las Jaibas).
8.00 – Light breakfast buffet at the pier in Cancun.
8.15 – Departure from Cancun meeting-point , our Certified Bilingual Guides will give you an informative briefing about safety and how to swim with the whale sharks.
9.00 – We arrive in the whale shark watching area. When we find the whale sharks, we gear up and we swim with two guests and the guide along with the whale sharks. We take turns and you can swim as many times as you want. We stay approximately 3 hours in the whale shark swimming area.
12.30 – Caribbean Lunch with fresh shrimp Ceviche, totopos, guacamole, fruits, sandwiches, beer and soft drinks in Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres (vegetarian food available on request)
14.30 – Return to Cancun (Where our drivers will be waiting for you to bring you back to your hotel).
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up times vary depending o where you are staying and will be advised after confirmation of your booking. Pickups begin at 5.45am in Tulum, approx. 6.20am in Playa Del Carmen and 7.30am in Cancun.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Swimsuit and towel
- A swimming t-shirt to protect you from the sun, this way we protect the sharks by moderating the use of suntan lotion
- Comfortable, fresh clothes and shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Wetsuit if you have one. If you want to rent one once in the tour it will cost you $20
- Hygienic personal stuff
- Biodegradable sunblock (please apply before the tour starts)
- Some extra money (for tips or available extras, like photos)
- $5 usd for the federal tax to be paid directly at the Marina
- Please note that your pickup time in the morning will depend on where you are staying. The time will be confirmed after reservation.
- For bookings made between 1st and 15th September, we will need to confirm that whale sharks are int he area before confirming your pickup.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.