Snowmobile Safari & Ice Fishing
Experience driving over a frozen lake or river with heavy snowmobiles to then drilling your own ice fishing hole at a necessary quiet place. Our guide will provide all the necessary fishing equipment and gears, instruct you on how to properly drill an ice hole to setting the fishing hook with a couple of techniques. After that, it is upon yourselves with some patience and luck. Upon the return from ice fishing expect hot drinks to warm up your body and soul.
Note: Driving license is required. Children under 140cm are travelling in the sledge pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children over 140cm could seat in the back of the snowmobile as passenger with full adult payment.
per adult from
What's included :
- ~ About 1.5-hour snowmobile driving
- ~ Driving and safety instructions
- ~ Guiding service
- ~ Ice fishing experience and equipment
- ~ Open fire, sausages and hot drinks
- ~ Pickup & return to your accommodation
- ~ Thermal overalls
- ~ Trails into the arctic forest and frozen lake
What's excluded :
- The mentioned price involves two person driving one snowmobile.
If a person wants drive alone, we offer also the possibility to extend it by buying the solo driving supplement.
• Finnish BBQ snacks
Departure Point :Tapaninmäen Kotiliha Lihakauppa, Ainonkatu 3, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Animals or pets allowed
- Duration includes the transfer and clothes changing time. Round trip transfers from & to the accommodation within 800 meters to 8 kilometers from Sunny Safari office (Ainonkatu 3, 96200 Rovaniemi) are included. Thermal overalls, winter boots, winter gloves, woolen socks, helmets and masks are provided.
- During the snowmobile safari, the children from 4 to 14 years old need to travelling in the sledge pulled by the guide’s snowmobile, and we highly recommend that at least one adult to sit with a very young child together for the safety. If a child is over 140cm and want to sit in the snowmobile as a passenger, a full adult price will be charged (according to the availability).
- Each person who will drive the snowmobile must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driving license.
- If two person per snowmobile, passenger and driver could switch during the break of driving. For the group which has an odd number of customers, we highly recommend purchasing a single driving supplement.
- Meeting time of our safari is always before the starting time of the safari if you need pick-up services. You will receive your meeting time and meeting point upon confirmation or by e-mail. Failure to participate in the safari due to missed meeting time or meeting point will not be refunded.
- Operated in Rovaniemi each year from November 16 to April 12 next year (weather permitting). The minimum number of participants for each safari is 2 full paying adults’ price.
- Please let us know in advance when you book the safari if you have special dietary requirements. (Eg: vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.)
- Snowmobile drivers are responsible for any damages caused to the vehicle. Please refer to the indemnity clause for details.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.